Opening at Serfaus

Old December 17th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roland

Default Opening at Serfaus

Hi,

Just back from Serfaus from the opening of the new season. Great skiing the
past week. Lots of snow. I was there also in January when there were many
slopes closed due to the lack of snow. Furthermore it surprised me that that
skilift prices are only half the money in comparison with the costs in
January.
Only ~84 euros for a week!.

There were two new lifts going from Mooserabfahrt and one in Masner skiarea.
The first couple of days the wetter was not that great with visibility not
optimal.
Tuesday it was snowing all day and at the end of the week the wetter was
superb.

It was not crowded in the area and I believe only some ski-routes and just
one
normal slop were closed.

During opening night (or in fact the day after) there were fireworks in the
mountain.
Also last friday there were fireworks but they could not been seen from the
valley due
to the fog.

Cheers
Roland

Old December 26th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Marinus

Just back from Serfaus from the opening of the new season. Great skiing
the
past week. Lots of snow. I was there also in January when there were many

Hope we'll have the same conditions by the end of Februar.

Marinus