Google Earth and ski area viewing

Old February 12th 06, 10:39 PM

In message , BrritSki
writes

When I was young and foolish I spent most Sundays touring with the CTC
and I'll never forget the time we were cycling out of Stow-on-the-Wold
and overtook a car as we went down the long hill. We all looked at his
speedo which read 40. The look on the driver's face as a pack of a
dozen or so cyclists went by him was priceless.

Our safe reliable lad was overtaking a car at 53mph when his rim blew
out. Interesting rim when we picked it apart at the pub, you wouldn't
think anything so thin would hold the pressure of the tyre long enough
for him to even start the ride.

I read somewhere that even intermediate skiers often do 50mph; our lot
were doing that sort of speed when we had to schuss.

--
Sue ]

Cyclists' Touring & Drinking Club
Old November 7th 14, 08:55 PM
grfweb grfweb is offline
Junior Member

Hi, please, does anybody know where is this ski resort ? I got the picture from the website below, but I don't believe it is Innsbruck.

http://blog.autoeurope.ca/winter/top...i-destinations
Attached Images

Old November 15th 16, 02:07 PM
dingski dingski is offline
Junior Member

Good morning, i just wanted to tell you how my wonderful ski trip in the French Alps went last year, i look forward to experience something close to that this Christmas when I'm gonna ski in Val Thorens.
First of all i want to recommend you some nice people who guided me since i was a newbie, with my ski travel experiences.
The people at http://ski-destination.com/ always get the best prices and best locations you can posibly imagine and afford, so if you dont know where to go or what to choose, contact them.
Old November 16th 16, 10:56 AM
dtrump dtrump is offline
Banned

Hello snow lovers, i wanted to introduce myself on this forum properly and to share some of my experience with what i think is a advanced skier and a amateur snowboarder, i've been riding some hard slopes in europe, especialy in france and austria, and i'm always excited to discover knew places, resorts and ski-destionation.
I always travel with http://ski-destination.com/ and i highly recommend them great prices, best locations in europe and other great packages and offers.

Thx, T.