Conditions: Hallet Peak - RMNP, CO

Old May 5th 04, 08:04 PM
Chris Webster

Default Conditions: Hallet Peak - RMNP, CO

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing

and I don't know the guy in the purple tights!

--Chris
Old May 5th 04, 11:21 PM
klaus

Chris Webster wrote:
http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing

Very nice shots...

But explain what the hell I'm seeing he

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020045.jpg

Is that some sort of newfangled wine bottle opener?

And tell me about this:

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020049.jpg

Good to see things are looking good out your way. Still good here but
going fast.

-klaus

Old May 6th 04, 02:07 PM
Ed Huesers

klaus wrote:
But explain what the hell I'm seeing he
http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020045.jpg

Left to right, Longs Peak, Pagoda, Chiefs Head, McHenries, Taylor
[behind bottle neck], Ottis [lower and behind bottle], Thatch Top is in
front of Longs and behind Ottis.

And tell me about this:
http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020049.jpg

Longs, the main chute is The Tough.

Good to see things are looking good out your way. Still good here but
going fast.

And to think they were within a couple hundred yards of my igloo. To
bad I was in your area [Lampstand east of Boulder] over the weekend.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Old May 6th 04, 02:16 PM
Chris Webster

But explain what the hell I'm seeing he

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020045.jpg

Is that some sort of newfangled wine bottle opener?

New, no, I have had it about 10 years. Wine bottle opener, yes.

http://www.lecreuset.com/new/product...sp2.php?id=320

And tell me about this:

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020049.jpg

The Trough Couloir on Long's Peak. We will most likely hit that
Saturday. I haven't skied it since '92.

Here is a zoomed out shot of the Trough:

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/misc/trough.jpg

And for those interested, here is a shot of the Dragon's Tail:

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/misc/dragon.jpg

Good to see things are looking good out your way. Still good here but
going fast.

They are just starting to shape up.

--Chris
Old May 7th 04, 07:27 PM
Ed Huesers

klaus wrote:
And tell me about this:
http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~cjw/Skiing/Hallet/p5020049.jpg

Ed Huesers says...
Longs, the main chute is The Tough.

Kurt scribe:
Yea, I've eyeballed that one for many moons (shot of the peak). Seems like some
years it's filled in a little better than others.

Major exposure to the wind with it on the west side. Seems we've been
getting our big snows in the spring lately too.

And to think they were within a couple hundred yards of my igloo. To
bad I was in your area [Lampstand east of Boulder] over the weekend.

How were The Henry's?

The day we arrived it was overcast and didn't get a view of them.
Then the others weren't interested in traveling that far. I did get a
view of them on the pass north of Boulder. It was the best view I've had
of them and they are a rather small range indeed.

Did you build an igloo?

We got dumped on thurs. night with four inches of heavy snow that
broke a pole on my old tent [dessert tent now]. Not enough for an igloo
though and it all melted by noon on Friday.

They were dumped on a couple weeks ago, but it sure has been cooking off
quickly up North.

Nothing but the top snow and chutes on the Henry's had snow when we
came back Tues. West side of the I-70 tunnel looked good though.

We're waiting for "the road" to open for a little taste of CO in UT.

Huh...

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Old May 8th 04, 06:45 PM
Ed Huesers

So I see... http://www.adventurealan.com/uintas_2003
Ski Vail if you want sedimentary rock for cliffs to jump!

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com