Can the boot inner be removed from Nordica W8 Easy Move ski boots?How?

Old February 28th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
catto

Default Can the boot inner be removed from Nordica W8 Easy Move ski boots?How?

I've got myself a pair of ski boots from ebay that are a great
bargain, great condition and great fit.....

.....and a great deal wiffy! (Our pet cat has taken offence and left
the room...)

Can the inner be removed from the shell? If so, how? Is it fixed
anywhere?

Would washing the inner possibly damage it? How about the cool wool
cycle and low speed spin?

My question in short- Is the a way of removing and washing and
deodorising?
Old February 28th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

catto wrote:
I've got myself a pair of ski boots from ebay that are a great
bargain, great condition and great fit.....

....and a great deal wiffy! (Our pet cat has taken offence and left
the room...)

Can the inner be removed from the shell? If so, how? Is it fixed
anywhere?

AFAIK all inner boots can be removed. You just pull them out, using
muscle. Putting them back is more difficult - again muscle them in. Some
people remove the inner to dry after every ski day. Some people are anal.

Would washing the inner possibly damage it? How about the cool wool
cycle and low speed spin?

No idea.

My question in short- Is the a way of removing and washing and
deodorising?

Spray them full of Fabreze.
Old February 28th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:12:37 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

My question in short- Is the a way of removing and washing and
deodorising?

Spray them full of Fabreze.

Bleach and alcohol work good.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old February 29th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
catto

Thanks for the tips.

I've tried the Fabreze as suggested. Its good but the small is still
there.

So I pulled the inners out. I found loads of black pin mould on the
outside of the inner and also inside the shell of the boot. This is
the culprit rather than the previous owner's smelly feet! I've put
the inners through a washing machine cycle and they are much better. I
sprayed the inside of the shells with bleach cleaner, put then in the
shwer and hosed them out under pressure. Lots of spot black mould came
out. They are nice and clean.

However, I did notice that one of the shells was leaking water out.
Does this mean it will let wetness from snow in?

Also, I've found the inners were actually fastened to the roof of the
forefoot of the boot, with no clue on the outside of how to undo this.
So I have a tiny tear in the top of them and a tiny bit left attached
to the shell and no way of reattaching the inners to the shell. I
thought the inners are usually removeable? Will I have the inners
moving/sliding about inside the boot now I wonder? They are a nice,
snug fit, same as before these treatments.
Old February 29th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

catto wrote:
Thanks for the tips.

I've tried the Fabreze as suggested. Its good but the small is still
there.

So I pulled the inners out. I found loads of black pin mould on the
outside of the inner and also inside the shell of the boot. This is
the culprit rather than the previous owner's smelly feet! I've put
the inners through a washing machine cycle and they are much better. I
sprayed the inside of the shells with bleach cleaner, put then in the
shwer and hosed them out under pressure. Lots of spot black mould came
out. They are nice and clean.

However, I did notice that one of the shells was leaking water out.
Does this mean it will let wetness from snow in?

If you find a leak, repair is with Duct Tape.

Also, I've found the inners were actually fastened to the roof of the
forefoot of the boot, with no clue on the outside of how to undo this.
So I have a tiny tear in the top of them and a tiny bit left attached
to the shell and no way of reattaching the inners to the shell.

Cover the rough spots with Duct Tape.

Duct Tape is your friend. Keep some with your ski gear.

Old February 29th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
D.

what a great ****ing deal !!!!!!!
i've thrown away better boots !

Old March 2nd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
catto wrote:

I've tried the Fabreze as suggested. Its good but the small is still
there.

The problem with Febreeze is that it smells worse than most things it
attempts to cover up. Sorta like trying to extinguish a pile of burning
hair by pouring patchoulli on it.

However, I did notice that one of the shells was leaking water out.
Does this mean it will let wetness from snow in?

If you find a leak, repair is with Duct Tape.

3M 5200 Marine adhesive sealant.

There is no better way to repair a leak in anything. Think of it as
liquid duct tape.

//Walt

Old March 2nd 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

...repair is with Duct Tape.

3M 5200 Marine adhesive sealant.

There is no better way to repair a leak in anything. Think of it as
liquid duct tape.

quality of repair is not important - maintaining a traditional dirt-bag
appearance is.

plus you can wrap a few yards of duct tape around your pole below the
grip so you always have some - bet you can't do that with 3M 5200 Marine
adhesive sealant.
Old March 2nd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:12:28 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

3M 5200 Marine adhesive sealant.

There is no better way to repair a leak in anything. Think of it as
liquid duct tape.

quality of repair is not important - maintaining a traditional dirt-bag
appearance is.

plus you can wrap a few yards of duct tape around your pole below the
grip so you always have some - bet you can't do that with 3M 5200 Marine
adhesive sealant.

Not to mention that you can't give your girlfriend a Brazilian wax job
with 3M Marine adhesive.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

wrote this crap:

3M 5200 Marine adhesive sealant.

There is no better way to repair a leak in anything. Think of it as
liquid duct tape.

quality of repair is not important - maintaining a traditional dirt-bag
appearance is.

plus you can wrap a few yards of duct tape around your pole below the
grip so you always have some - bet you can't do that with 3M 5200 Marine
adhesive sealant.

Not to mention that you can't give your girlfriend a Brazilian wax job
with 3M Marine adhesive.

Well you cannnn....
..... but make sure sshe has a pee first.

Nordica Smartech boots So'n'so Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 June 23rd 05 06:00 AM
Nordica Boots Bob Backcountry Skiing 1 January 8th 05 07:48 PM
Nordica SMARTech soft ski boot Timo Alpine Skiing 0 November 24th 04 12:56 PM
Nordica ski boots cljlk Alpine Skiing 0 November 15th 04 12:07 AM
wanted: Nordica Beast ski boot, Mondo 29 or 29.5, 2003 or 2004 model rpk Marketplace 0 January 27th 04 11:47 PM