QUESTIONS ABOUT ROLLERSKIS AND POLES

Old July 29th 03, 03:11 AM
sknyski

Default QUESTIONS ABOUT ROLLERSKIS AND POLES

Just at the hint of a roller ski race though, I know that right now,
Bryant is mail ordering the fastest ski wheels he can get a hold of to
make sure he wins the inaugural race. GO SKNYSKI! (I'll do it on my C3
classics, just to make things fair)

Mark - What ever happened to the "Donner Pass Plunge" that ran from
Sugar Bowl down to the west shore of Donner Lake? I heard some tales
about that one; must have been before your time.

bt
Old July 29th 03, 08:48 PM
sknyski

What wheels specifically is Bryant ordering?

He's joking. We both are. In case you care, I use standard rubber
jenex and marwe wheels, no urethene.

bt
Old August 2nd 03, 01:23 PM
Serge

Mark!
When I said that speedskating races can have rollerski category I was
thinking about local races on Canada road (San Carlos-Palo Alto).

I talked to organizers (www.cora.org) and it is OK. They close road
for trafic,
have a start line, timing ets.

Is this fair that we, coastal people, have to travel to Sierra to ski?
Why don't you guyis come down to rollerski to Bay Area?
We need an opportunity to kick butts too!
Races are held in Mar.-Oct. about 6 total. Perfect timing!

Briant!

I had no idea that it was you and your frend on Canada rd. You people
looked pretty good on those Marwe's.
We have another race on Aug. 10. I might see you there.

I ment to look for you after race but got to go home fast without
waiting for
award ceremony(I was first in my category, although I got dropped from
Pro group-what else is new?).
Old August 3rd 03, 04:51 AM
Mark

Serge,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll stick to roller skiing as a
training device, not racing. I found that the difference in speed in
wheels makes for a dicey proposition of getting a fair race going. And
yes, dang it, it IS FAIR that coastal people have to travel to the
Sierra to ski. You don't hear me whining about the lack of surfing up
here! :-)
I'll leave winning the roller ski races to Sknyski. He needs those
obscure wins to keep that fire burning within. #:-0 and :-r

Mark

Old August 3rd 03, 06:43 PM
sknyski

Dear Mark,