Top Ten Olympic US Ski Team Excuses.

Old February 27th 06, 11:28 PM

Default Top Ten Olympic US Ski Team Excuses.

With one exception our ski team did not do too well at the Turin Olympics.
Here were some of the excuses heard.

* 10.) Those Atomics passed up by the Austrians were rigged!
* 9.) What? Miller time meant it was time for Bode to ski and not to have a
few cold ones?
* 8.) The hot babe on the side of the hill caused to me miss that gate!

See the rest at:
http://www.wi-ski.com/admin/story.ph...60226131450663

--
Before Heading to the Hill head to Wisconsin Skis!
http://www.wi-ski.com/

Old February 28th 06, 01:24 AM

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
With one exception our ski team did not do too well at the Turin Olympics.
Here were some of the excuses heard.

* 10.) Those Atomics passed up by the Austrians were rigged!

Cute, not very. You _do_ know that Bode, who used the skis in the DH,
did better than Daron, who didn't?

Oh, never mind -- facts ruin the fun, don't they?

Old February 28th 06, 02:11 PM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
With one exception our ski team did not do too well at the Turin
Olympics.
Here were some of the excuses heard.

* 10.) Those Atomics passed up by the Austrians were rigged!

Cute, not very. You _do_ know that Bode, who used the skis in the
DH, did better than Daron, who didn't?

Oh, never mind -- facts ruin the fun, don't they?

So do you think that someone actually spied on the team and reported
their "excuses"? Or is it possible that this is a joke and not meant
to be a fact?

Old February 28th 06, 03:01 PM

On 2006-02-28, pigo penned:

So do you think that someone actually spied on the team and reported
their "excuses"? Or is it possible that this is a joke and not meant
to be a fact?

Seconded.

I like the US (and the other) competitors just fine, but it was still
a little bit funny.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old March 15th 06, 11:07 PM

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
With one exception our ski team did not do too well at the Turin Olympics.

One exception? Which one?

Women's Giant Slalom, Feb. 24
GOLD - Julia Mancuso (USA)
SILVER - Tanja Poutiainen (Finland)
BRONZE - Anna Ottosson (Sweden)

Men's Alpine Comined, Feb. 14
GOLD - Ted Ligety (USA)
SILVER - Ivica Kostelic (Croatia)
BRONZE - Rainer Schoenfelder (Austria)

Men's Freestyle Moguls, Feb. 15
GOLD - Dale Begg-Smith (Australia)
SILVER - Mikko Ronkainen (Finland)
BRONZE - Toby Dawson (USA)

Top Ten Olympic US Ski Team Excuses. The Wisconsin Skier Alpine Skiing 10 February 28th 06 02:18 AM
Olympic team selections tassava Nordic Skiing 3 January 26th 06 11:48 AM
US Olympic Team Marty Alpine Skiing 0 January 26th 06 12:12 AM
Russian Rocket makes Olympic Team Matt Liebsch Nordic Skiing 0 January 25th 06 06:17 PM
Vordenberg & US Ski Team Clinic @ Gear West p.bowen Nordic Skiing 1 July 5th 04 07:41 PM