An Amazing Day

Old January 20th 05, 10:51 PM
Dave M

Bob wrote:

"VtSkier" wrote in message

And here near Seattle, all the areas have closed until we get more snow.
Stevens Pass had 6" of rain in 24 hours, with more to come.

Bob

What about Baker and further north?

Baker is also closed.

Bob

Pretty much everything is closed or too crappy to ski. Schweitzer is
closed until they get (a lot!) more snow. SIlver Mountain is reporting
"mud" as part of their conditions report. Even Fernie has only about 60"
on the ground right now which would make for a lot of rock and twigs
over on the Paradise side. Red Mtn is still open but with no new and 32F
temps ... Sunshine and Lake Louise are about the closest decent snow
to me right now and seven hours isn't too close.

Sigh

Dave M.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
ant

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
vbenares wrote:

What is it about Keystone that attracts mediocre skiers and riders in
such large proportion? And why are such a large proportion of them
haven't a clue about safety or courtesy or who has the right of way?

It's all about marketing to the midwest and south.

they called it "the drive market". oh my goodness. coupled with the Denver
mob.

ant

Old January 23rd 05, 02:01 AM
ant

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I skied it early last season, and there
were no green options to get to the base, just this run.

Yes, there are green options, but you have to read the trail map carefully
to notice them

ant

Old January 23rd 05, 02:01 AM
ant

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
I would swear to you that River Run at Keystone should be a black. Same
pitch, and generally same condition, as Rosie's Run at Copper - which is a
black. But I would be willing to bet money that they classify it as a
blue to not scare people from staying in the River Run complex, since they
might not feel capable of skiing a black. It scares me to ski that run
though. Icy as hell, and a bunch of people that don't know what they are
doing. Equals a serious injury waiting to happen.

All of Keystone's runs are steeper than average. Frenchman, Dutchman, they
are STEEP. RR is a bit tricky, and I wish they'd make it more obvious that
the easier way down is Schoolmarm, Inas, and onto the other run named after
another elderly instructor (Ina still works there). You avoid the really
steep stuff that way but most people wouldn't realise that. (I'm trying to
remember the other run's name, it's a lady's name).

Run ratings are very misleading. People think they are absolute standards
and they are not. They are relative only to the resort they are at.

ant

Old January 23rd 05, 03:44 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-23, ant penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama"
I skied it early last season, and there were no green options to
get to the base, just this run.

Yes, there are green options, but you have to read the trail map
carefully to notice them

ant

There really weren't. It was early in the season, and no green routes to the
base were open.

--
monique
Longmont, CO