Whirling around vs controlled spin

Old December 10th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Whirling around vs controlled spin

On Dec 9, 8:53*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Dec 8, 7:24 am, pigo wrote:

I used to *have* to do that to teach sometimes. It wasn't fun. It's
probably a lot easier on those short things. I don't know anyone that
goes out and actually *tries* to do that. More than once anyway. After
that you've done it.

No, just whirling around and controlled spin are two different things,
you'd get bored if you spin more 3 times in a roll, and it doesn't
take much skill to do that, that's why it isn't fun.

However, controlled spins are different story all together. The
previous clip showed two kinds of spin: one in "normal" (following the
"turn" of the curved path) entry at the apex, and the other is what I
call "tumbling turn," an outward spin 360 at the top/high-C of the
turn while maintaining the GS/long-turn line of skiing to exit,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCPj10NAUc

These maneuvers require the upmost awareness of the turning/spinning
forces (the combined force of the centripetal force, the centrifugal
force, and gravity), delicate balance, total control of the whole skis
(not just edges), and the line that skis travel. Come with the
heightened awareness, spinning is thrilling, care-free, so it is fun.
It may sound simple, but few can do it smoothly. Here's another look
at the spinning in normal speed,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdVpE_cnn8

IS

WTF are you talking about. The only difference between your whirl and
mine was that I didn't go so slow. Spin half way, check out the
student, spin back or finish it (doesn't matter which) and go on.
Better than stopping.

I hardly ever look at anything you post. It all seems like **** that
anyone with 100 days of skiing in their lives could do. Yet you
present it like it's difficult. Why don't you ever show pics of deep
powder, tight trees, air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Maybe on your 2nd 100 days?
Old December 10th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_4_]

On Dec 10, 9:25*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 9, 8:53*am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On Dec 8, 7:24 am, pigo wrote:

[...]

Maybe on your 2nd 100 days?- Hide quoted text -

If you can do an elementary front cross over first, ie place your left
ski in front of your right boot and put your left ski down on the snow
on the right side, then pull you right leg through behind you into the
Rouel position, all while doing 2- 360 degree spins. Or, lift your
left leg into 90 degrees of pure sideways abduction with the left ski
in the air straight up and down, then internally rotate the left hip,
and tuck the left ski behind the right leg while starting a spin to
the right then while spinning, insert the left ski in from behind up
onto the right side, put your weight on that ski, then drag your right
ski tip (which is on the left side) outwards, using the drag to induce
a spin to the left.
Old December 11th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Dec 10, 8:25 am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 9, 8:53 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Dec 8, 7:24 am, pigo wrote:

[...]

This link is no longer valid, use the new one,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCPxQiG7Yug

WTF are you talking about. The only difference between your whirl and
mine was that I didn't go so slow.

The clip is showing the "slow motion."

Spin half way, check out the student,
spin back or finish it (doesn't matter which) and go on.
Better than stopping.

Yup, that's how/what most people can do--whirling around--but what I
was talking about were controlled spins, spin at the apex and the top
of a turn while doing a S-turn, so you have to deal with the spinning
force for the spin as well as the turning force for your turn, and all
these forces are invisible, to coordinate them to ski like water flows
is quite challenging, and that's what thrilling of spin all about.

I hardly ever look at anything you post. It all seems like **** that
anyone with 100 days of skiing in their lives could do.
Yet you present it like it's difficult.

That's your lost. Yes, it is difficult if you can do it at the
"cruising" speed,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBG67NVaJQ

and it is more difficult if you can do it ad-hoc.

Why don't you ever show pics of deep powder, tight trees,
air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Yes, I did, but you gappers don't know how to read them. You gappers
don't read beyond the images, and have no idea on how those invisible
forces act on the human body. And a good footage is hard to come by.

Maybe on your 2nd 100 days?

Here's one of my encounters related to spinning: I was "formation
skiing" with my "no-name" skiing buddy. At an intersection where
trails merge, a beginner lady who just got out of the chairlift,
staggering straight down to her boyfriend, across our path. My buddy
sped up crossed her path before her, and she run straight down to me,
and her boyfriend was yelling "brake, brake..." and she started to
scream and came straight to my face, I spun out of her path and
continued "formation skiing" with my buddy without missing a beat,
left her boy cheered in amaze. No, this kind of moment you don't
usually catch it on video.

IS
Old December 12th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 11, 11:30*am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Why don't you ever show pics of deep powder, tight trees,
air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Yes, I did, but you gappers don't know how to read them. You gappers
don't read beyond the images, and have no idea on how those invisible
forces act on the human body. And a good footage is hard to come by.

What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

Maybe on your 2nd 100 days?

Here's one of my encounters related to spinning: I was "formation
skiing" with my "no-name" skiing buddy. At an intersection where
trails merge, a beginner lady who just got out of the chairlift,
staggering straight down to her boyfriend, across our path. My buddy
sped up crossed her path before her, and she run straight down to me,
and her boyfriend was yelling "brake, brake..." and she started to
scream and came straight to my face, I spun out of her path and
continued "formation skiing" with my buddy without missing a beat,
left her boy cheered in amaze. No, this kind of moment you don't
usually catch it on video.

IS- Hide quoted text -

Old December 12th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

wrote:

Why don't you ever show pics of deep powder, tight trees,
air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Yes, I did, but you gappers don't know how to read them. You gappers
don't read beyond the images, and have no idea on how those invisible
forces act on the human body. And a good footage is hard to come by.

What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

He's not talking solely biomechanics. He's talking spirit Chi and the brain
frequency within the spin...

I think.

Old December 12th 09, 05:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote:

Why don't you ever show pics of deep powder, tight trees,
air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Yes, I did, but you gappers don't know how to read them. You gappers
don't read beyond the images, and have no idea on how those invisible
forces act on the human body. And a good footage is hard to come by.

What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

He's not talking solely biomechanics. He's talking spirit Chi and the
brain frequency within the spin...

I think.

He's just boasting about his superiority over everyone else in the world, as
usual.

Old December 13th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 12, 11:44*am, "Bob F" wrote:

He's just boasting about his superiority over everyone else in the world, as
usual.- Hide quoted text -

Well we've seen the videos that it's not in his skiing!
Old December 13th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote:

Why don't you ever show pics of deep powder, tight trees,
air, straight lines and speed in the bumps?

Yes, I did, but you gappers don't know how to read them. You gappers
don't read beyond the images, and have no idea on how those invisible
forces act on the human body. And a good footage is hard to come by.

What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

The force is invisible, so is the momentum, and certain movements
cannot be done without the adequate momentums; your "hinge-door" joint
movements would only destroy it.

In no-mind, totally relaxed, "the perfection that we experienced is
not ours but the making of the nature," what force do you think
generates this image?
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_is_tcs1.jpg

IS
Old December 13th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Dec 12, 8:45*pm, pigo wrote:
On Dec 12, 11:44*am, "Bob F" wrote:

He's just boasting about his superiority over everyone else in the world, as
usual.- Hide quoted text -

Well we've seen the videos that it's not in his skiing!

Not hard to be superior to any of the assholes in this newsgroup,
especially if you are talking about manhood. Or ethics.
Old December 15th 09, 08:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Dec 13, 3:25*pm, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:

What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

The force is invisible, so is the momentum, and certain movements
cannot be done without the adequate momentums; your "hinge-door" joint
movements would only destroy it.

Momentum is mass times velocity so it's always visible.Expert skiers
can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well, it's not rocket
science or esoteric mumbo-jumbo.