What's Open early November?

Old September 24th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ian

Default What's Open early November?

I want to take my kids for a early start ski weekend on November 9-12.

Anyone know of any mountains that are open that early? East or West,
either works.

Whistler and Vail don't open until late November.

Thanks

Ian

Old September 24th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:08:59 -0000, Ian wrote:

I want to take my kids for a early start ski weekend on November 9-12.

Anyone know of any mountains that are open that early? East or West,
either works.

Whistler and Vail don't open until late November.

Thanks

Ian

I'll bet Lookout will be.

http://www.skilookout.com/images/ski...02007-2008.pdf

Dave M.
Old September 24th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Elrond

Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone, Loveland and Arapahoe Basin will
all be open then.

Regards,
Elrond

ups.com...

Old September 24th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Sep 24, 6:08 am, Ian wrote:
I want to take my kids for a early start ski weekend on November 9-12.

Anyone know of any mountains that are open that early? East or West,
either works.

Whistler and Vail don't open until late November.

Thanks

Ian

Opening day for all of the Summit County Colorado (and Loveland) areas
are scheduled for November 2nd or 9th. However, I would not recommend
bringing the kids here for the first few weeks. If you can take them
to a local area, do that and save some money. The first few weeks of
Colorado skiing are really dangerous because or over crowding. You
have only a couple of trails open and all kinds of people of all
different levels out there trying to get some early days in.

Do yourself a favor and avoid injury to your kids and don't come to
Colorado until at least Thanksgiving. It can still be bad then but at
least they have a few trails open by then and the crowds are more
spread out.

snoig

Old September 25th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

Neil Kaufman wrote:

Isn't Loveland usually open that early ?

You can bet on that and win 100%

Sam "Loveland is normally open a few days of each side of Oct 15" Seiber
A-Basin too, now.

Keystone, Breck, before Nov 15.
Old September 25th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

snoig wrote:
Opening day for all of the Summit County Colorado (and Loveland) areas
are scheduled for November 2nd or 9th. However, I would not recommend
bringing the kids here for the first few weeks. If you can take them
to a local area, do that and save some money. The first few weeks of
Colorado skiing are really dangerous because or over crowding. You
have only a couple of trails open and all kinds of people of all
different levels out there trying to get some early days in.

Do yourself a favor and avoid injury to your kids and don't come to
Colorado until at least Thanksgiving. It can still be bad then but at
least they have a few trails open by then and the crowds are more
spread out.

And I will back Snoig on this one. Just a few trails, people from
beginner (day 1), to hot shot, lets go 60MPH down this blue. No
black runs normally this early. The long lift lines (as few lifts
will be running) will be real nice too.

Sam "Can't wait to hang out in the line with my Loveland buds" Seiber