Help - Brother wants to visit and ski Vail

Old August 8th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Help - Brother wants to visit and ski Vail

ant wrote:
Walt wrote:
Marty wrote:
I'm familiar with these Texans, but what is Bogners?

A Bogner is an expensive clown suit that the Ski Patrol mandates for
beginners and Texans. It warns other skiers to stay out of the way
because this person is out of control.

I"'ve seen some quite nice Bogner outfits, very sleek and understated. You
only know they're Bogner because of the tiny little logo, sometimes just on
the buttons.

Well, what's the point of THAT? The whole point of wearing a Bogner is
so that people see you coming and get out of your way. If you're close
enough to see the buttons it's too late.

//Walt

Old August 9th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mighty Chris

There are a lot of people, and I wish to stress that I am certainly
NOT ONE OF THEM, who think Vail is the ideal ski resort on the planet.

I've been to Vail about 10 times with people I know who love the
place. I hate the place, but I find ways to make my own fun. Certain
people like my dad, if I want to ski with him, I have to go to Vail
with him and his pals.

You should make sure your buddy gets to ski there because for him it
might be a really really big deal. Humor the poor guy. Then he can
tell everyone he skied the back bowls or whatever and feel good about
life.

Chris

Old August 17th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 7, 11:34 am, Marty wrote:
On Aug 6, 12:30 pm, Marty wrote:

Other than what I've stated above (which should be enough), how else
can I convice him that Vail is NOT the way to go?

Thanks for the replies.

Summer is going well, thanks foir asking Chris.

I'm familiar with these Texans, but what is Bogners?

Bogner makes ski clothes for the Gods.
I personally have a lovely silver Bogner one piece, and a spring
outfit consisting of a pair of Bogner stretch pants and a Bogner
vest. These are vestments, holy garments, only worn when in the
proper sacred atmosphere. Ergo, I must not only have companions that
appreciate my finery, but I must be at the right mountain. Very few
qualify: Sun Valley, Deer Valley, Vail, Aspen, Beaver Creek, and
Alta, so that I might prosletise to the heathen.
You know a Bogner by the class and style of the wearer, their manners
and obvious breeding, and the small "B" zipper pulls.
Texans rarely wear Bogner because they need to have a clue. You can
usually spot them because they wear Dallas Cowboys Starter jackets
over jeans.

BTW, you brother probably read RSA in the days before the trailer park
trash took over the joint. He's heard that if he skis there, and
worships the Gods with his full heart, he will be Vailized.

Two Buddha, Prophet of Vail

Vail: Where Texans in Bogners have more class than the assholes of rsa

ps: I was checking the sale racks at River Run lodge the other day.
70% off Bogner. Which meants you still were going to be paying over
three hundred bucks for a non technical jacket.
I shall give a clue to anyone with a desire to save a few bucks:
Sierra Trading Post has opened an outlet in Boise. Huge. Wandered in
and snagged a pair of soft shell Sierra Design pants for under fifty
bucks, will go with my new Patagucci soft shell. Nice outfit.

Old August 17th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Aug 17, 7:46 am, twobuddha wrote:
Texans rarely wear Bogner because they need to have a clue. You can
usually spot them because they wear Dallas Cowboys Starter jackets
over jeans.

Now THAT is what I'm used to seeing when it comes to Texans and
skiing.
--
Marty

Old August 17th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:46:50 -0700, twobuddha
wrote this crap:

ps: I was checking the sale racks at River Run lodge the other day.
70% off Bogner. Which meants you still were going to be paying over
three hundred bucks for a non technical jacket.
I shall give a clue to anyone with a desire to save a few bucks:
Sierra Trading Post has opened an outlet in Boise. Huge. Wandered in
and snagged a pair of soft shell Sierra Design pants for under fifty
bucks, will go with my new Patagucci soft shell. Nice outfit.

Nah! I'll just buy one off e-bay.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old August 17th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Aug 7, 11:34 am, Marty wrote:

On Aug 6, 12:30 pm, Marty wrote:

[...]

I hate Bogner. I hate ski-suits in general. They're for old people.
And fat people.

Old August 18th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 7, 11:34 am, Marty wrote:

On Aug 6, 12:30 pm, Marty wrote:

[...]

Just goes to show how stupid you are. Technical one pieces are coming
back for a reason: they are great on cold days and powder days. No
leaks. I love my Obermeyer.
Discovered something else last year: I collect vintage one pieces,
somewhat humorously, love to watch the reactions of dumb****s like
you. I've got a cream and powder blue Tyrolia I wore last year to
Crystal on a lovely day, the damn thing is useless for anything other
than a perfect day. Bert almost refused to ski with me, and I took a
raft of **** from the regulars....until we noticed that snowboarders
wouldn't share a lift with me.
Kool.
Asshole poseurs like you and snowboarders staying far away?
Damn, better than bug repellent. Better than a badge. Better than
Bert's face.

Old August 18th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Good luck finding those prices, dumb****....

Old August 18th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Aug 17, 9:07 pm, FF wrote:
snip

The only reason you wear suits is because those are the only things
you're finding in dumpsters. The reason snowboarders won't ride lifts
with you is 1.) you're so fat you take up an entire quad chair with
your fat ass and 2.) you smell so bad, that even a boarder wants to
puke. Nobody ****ing cares what you do, you fat ****, you're a
borderline homeless unemployed cocksucker with a trash computer who
has no family, no accomplishments except for a couple of restraining
orders and a misdemeanor criminal record. Happy Alpo.

Old August 18th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:08:20 -0000, Yabahoobs
wrote:

I hate ski-suits in general. They're for old people.
And fat people.

One of my ski buddies scored a North Face one-piece cheap, and now he
won't ski in anything else. Oddly, he's neither old nor fat.

bw

Bode's brother hospitalized after motorcycle accident Marty Alpine Skiing 3 October 13th 05 04:00 PM
visit giorgio Alpine Skiing 2 December 11th 04 06:57 AM
Brother Down Gary Jacobson Nordic Skiing 11 June 24th 04 12:12 PM
Visit to Denver Kenneth Salzberg Nordic Skiing 6 March 17th 04 12:40 AM
TR Utah visit Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 5 February 3rd 04 06:23 PM