An RSA.Mod History Question

Old April 30th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default An RSA.Mod History Question

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I have worked with some groups of failry intelligent people in the

I read some of your stuff in sci.physics- Seems you're a little light
on General Relativity. Gravity is so intruguing, don't you think?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old April 30th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Lost Balls Baker wrote:

Please, Jeff.
Don't even go there until you've learned basic physics...

I took College Physics from Art Denison. You, on the other hand, continue
to bluster and bull****- and get caught lying regularly. Unices come in
several flavors, and if you were familiar with the command line interpreter
idiocyncracies of several of them, you'd know they all evolved out of the
same AT&T genetic ancestry. SunOS uses both version 7 and System V
characteristis. The person who pontificates the loudest isn't correct
by default.

You are a charlatan and a fraud.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old April 30th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Lost Balls Baker wrote:

Please, Jeff.
Don't even go there until you've learned basic physics...

I took College Physics from Art Denison.

Wow! Did you take "College Math" and "College English" too? If you
took "College PE" from Bruce Jenner would you be claiming expertise in
the decathlon?

You, on the other hand, continue
to bluster and bull****- and get caught lying regularly.

Scottish is contagious! Examples of Alan getting "caught lying
regularly" may have bolstered your position.

Unices come in
several flavors, and if you were familiar with the command line interpreter
idiocyncracies of several of them, you'd know they all evolved out of the
same AT&T genetic ancestry. SunOS uses both version 7 and System V
characteristis.

Dude, that's just sad. Really. Give it a rest.

The person who pontificates the loudest isn't correct
by default.

Good thing too, or else we'd all be a bunch of compulsively lying,
psychopathic criminal molesterers, and that's probably not as much fun
as it sounds.

You are a charlatan and a fraud.

We, sir, are rubber. And you, sir, are glue. Need I continue?

Dave

--According to Dave Cartman, "Jeff Davis is a truly lame name dropper."
Old April 30th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

"Jeff Davis" wrote in message
In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I have worked with some groups of failry intelligent people in the

I read some of your stuff in sci.physics- Seems you're a little light
on General Relativity. Gravity is so intruguing, don't you think?

sci.physics? I hardly even read that anymore since it has been taken over
by kooks, politics and religious nuts. But I did a little google-groups
search on my postings there including the words "general relativity' I
stumbled onto an old thread titled "c+v" in which I had a humorous debate
with a poster named "starship" who claimed to have awarded himself several
"common-law doctorates" based on his life experience, and was therefore
better-informed about faster-than-light objects than anyone who denied his
claims.

That wasn't you, was it?

Old April 30th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Jeff Davis wrote:

The person who pontificates the loudest isn't correct by default.

May I use this in other rec.skiing.alpine threads?

It seems so universally apropos, herein.
Old April 30th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Apr 30, 1:13 pm, "Richard Henry" wrote:
"Jeff Davis" wrote in message

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I have worked with some groups of failry intelligent people in the

I read some of your stuff in sci.physics- Seems you're a little light
on General Relativity. Gravity is so intruguing, don't you think?

sci.physics? I hardly even read that anymore since it has been taken over
by kooks, politics and religious nuts. But I did a little google-groups
search on my postings there including the words "general relativity' I
stumbled onto an old thread titled "c+v" in which I had a humorous debate
with a poster named "starship" who claimed to have awarded himself several
"common-law doctorates" based on his life experience, and was therefore
better-informed about faster-than-light objects than anyone who denied his
claims.

That wasn't you, was it?

Continuation:

One of my favorite posts to sci.physics (complete with typos):

"Since the Earth orbits the sun in an ellipse, it is closer to the sun
in the
summer than the winter. That is why August is hotter thzan February.
Due
to the varying gravitational potential the Eareth sees as it moves in
and
out, the length of the second varies also (General Relativity). So
correct things, we move the clocks ahead in the spring by an hour and
back
in the fall.

Side effects of theis process are seen in many other disciplines,
including
economics. For instance, as the second gets longer, so does the
meter.
Thsi causes a reduction in gasoline mileage, which impacts the market
heavily enough that the price of gasoline increases every year in May,
and
falls in November."

Old April 30th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Apr 30, 3:46 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Apr 30, 1:13 pm, "Richard Henry" wrote:

"Jeff Davis" wrote in message

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

ROFL ! Wow.

Old May 1st 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:

The person who pontificates the loudest isn't correct by default.

May I use this in other rec.skiing.alpine threads?

It seems so universally apropos, herein.

Hey, it's a free country, or a free set of internets tubes, so go for
it, dude.

Personally, I prefer the old school "Empty boxcars make the most noise"
aphorism, but you can do what you want.

Any snow left? Is there more than when I was there in December?

//Walt