Kneissl classic skis

Old June 21st 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dwall

Default Kneissl classic skis

I found a pair of NOS Kneissl white star classic skis and and wondering
if anyone has used them and could give me an opinion?
Thanks
Old June 21st 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:28:18 -0400
dwall wrote:

I found a pair of NOS Kneissl white star classic skis and and
wondering if anyone has used them and could give me an opinion?
Thanks

My first waxable pair were white star classics (don't recall the "NOS"
or know what that stands for). The LA Nordic Ski Club had worked out a
deal to get a bunch of them cheap and there were still a couple left
when I joined. My technique wasn't yet at a point to say how good they
were, but I remember them has being easy kickers, which was important at
Tamarack, and have often yearned to try them again.

Not sure what you want from us. Technology and manufacturing technique
have improved over the years, but I'd wax them up and see how they
go. Hard to beat the price.

Gene
Old June 21st 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:10:02 -0400
dwall wrote:

Makes me wonder then, how old? The ones I was talking about were
either late '80s or early '90s. I got my pair in 1995. Btw, when
people heard about that Kneissel was effectively giving them away, lots
of people joined the club. Then the company figured out what was
going on, stopped offering them and membership dropped precipitously.

Gene