Jesse Diggins - the real deal?

Old February 4th 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Jesse Diggins - the real deal?

Pretty impressive for a 20 year old who just showed up, a la Therese
Johaug a few years back. Precocious or the real deal, soon to be
determined. Based on what she's been doing since 9th grade, I'd say the
latter, but the hardest part will be following it up next year.

Gene

Old February 4th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
outsideinmi

With a top ten finish in Rybinsk today and beating Kowalczyk in the sprint,
i'd say the real deal.

news:20120204141435.05d6908ea8d3b1c6d6f08df0@none. net...

Old March 18th 12, 02:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 4, 2:14*pm, wrote:
Pretty impressive for a 20 year old who just showed up, a la Therese
Johaug a few years back. *Precocious or the real deal, soon to be
determined. Based on what she's been doing since 9th grade, I'd say the
latter, but the hardest part will be following it up next year.

Gene

I'm going to track her based on how she skis against two specific
skiers: the 20 year old second cousin cuties Martine Ek Hagen and
Heidi Weng. I could also compare her against Maiken Caspersen Falla
and Krista Lahtenmaki even though they're a year older.
Old March 19th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:09:19 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

On Feb 4, 2:14*pm, wrote:
Pretty impressive for a 20 year old who just showed up, a la Therese
Johaug a few years back. *Precocious or the real deal, soon to be
determined. Based on what she's been doing since 9th grade, I'd say
the latter, but the hardest part will be following it up next year.

Gene

I'm going to track her based on how she skis against two specific
skiers: the 20 year old second cousin cuties Martine Ek Hagen and
Heidi Weng. I could also compare her against Maiken Caspersen Falla
and Krista Lahtenmaki even though they're a year older.

That's an unfair comparison at this point, if ever, since all of those
have been competing at the WC level for more or less some time, and
training with other top 5 to 10 skiers who have been much longer.
OTOH, with just several races Diggins ended up well within the top 30 in
distance, so gets Red group status for those weekends for the first
period next year.

Gene