Tignes - glacier

Old August 31st 04, 07:44 AM
PG

Default Tignes - glacier

Just spent three sunny days up on the glacier. It was in a sorry state
earlier in August, but they had some much needed snow last Thursday.
Pretty much skied out by the teams by the time we were up there Saturday
morning though. Still can't complain, there were few people there, no
queues, even if the glacier was looking a bit grey, particularly lower
down after showers on Sunday night (Rained from the Champigny down, a
few welcome inches of powder higher up....)

Some photos here....
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumtignes280804.html

Pete

Old August 31st 04, 02:05 PM
Greg Hilton

"PG" wrote in :

Just spent three sunny days up on the glacier. It was in a sorry state
earlier in August, but they had some much needed snow last Thursday.
Pretty much skied out by the teams by the time we were up there Saturday
morning though. Still can't complain, there were few people there, no
queues, even if the glacier was looking a bit grey, particularly lower
down after showers on Sunday night (Rained from the Champigny down, a
few welcome inches of powder higher up....)

Some photos here....
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumtignes280804.html

How does it compare to the conditions this time last year, which IRC were
dire.

regards,

greg
Old August 31st 04, 02:29 PM
PG

:

| Just spent three sunny days up on the glacier. It was in a sorry
state
| earlier in August, but they had some much needed snow last Thursday.
| Pretty much skied out by the teams by the time we were up there
Saturday
| morning though. Still can't complain, there were few people there,
no
| queues, even if the glacier was looking a bit grey, particularly
lower
| down after showers on Sunday night (Rained from the Champigny down,
| few welcome inches of powder higher up....)
|
| Some photos here....
| http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumtignes280804.html
|
| How does it compare to the conditions this time last year, which IRC
were
| dire.

Didn't go up last summer but know someone who was there for the August
bank holiday weekend in 2003 as well as this year, apparently much
improved conditions in 2004 (comparatively speaking)....

Old August 31st 04, 05:15 PM
pete devlin

In message , PG
writes

Some photos here....
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumtignes280804.html

Great pics.
I hate that run down from the telecabine! You queue to get up and then
just blast down and it's over in seconds. Bit like my sex life really
:O)
It's ok when you can do some of the off piste that joins at the bottom
of Leisse. talking of which, is leisse open? The shot with the people at
the top of a chairlift looks like the Leisse chair. I would have thought
it would be unskiable at this time of year.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old August 31st 04, 06:12 PM
PG

)

| It's ok when you can do some of the off piste that joins at the bottom
| of Leisse. talking of which, is leisse open? The shot with the people
at
| the top of a chairlift looks like the Leisse chair. I would have
thought
| it would be unskiable at this time of year.

No, the Leisse has been shut for at least a couple of weeks now - that
photo's of the chair back up to the telecabine from the bottom of the
runs down, don't know if it's actually got a name....

I should have taken a shot or two of the snowpark - it barely made it
through the summer. Still a few stalwarts on what's left of the jumps
though.

Pete

Old August 31st 04, 07:10 PM
Robert Swindells

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:12:05 +0200, PG wrote:

"pete devlin" wrote in message

| It's ok when you can do some of the off piste that joins at the bottom
| of Leisse. talking of which, is leisse open? The shot with the people
at
| the top of a chairlift looks like the Leisse chair. I would have
thought
| it would be unskiable at this time of year.

No, the Leisse has been shut for at least a couple of weeks now - that
photo's of the chair back up to the telecabine from the bottom of the
runs down, don't know if it's actually got a name....

Panoramique ?

Robert Swindells

Old August 31st 04, 07:47 PM
PG

"Robert Swindells" wrote in message
news | On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:12:05 +0200, PG wrote:

| "pete devlin" wrote in message
|
| | It's ok when you can do some of the off piste that joins at the
bottom
| | of Leisse. talking of which, is leisse open? The shot with the
people
| at
| | the top of a chairlift looks like the Leisse chair. I would have
| thought
| | it would be unskiable at this time of year.
|
| No, the Leisse has been shut for at least a couple of weeks now -
that
| photo's of the chair back up to the telecabine from the bottom of
the
| runs down, don't know if it's actually got a name....
|
| Panoramique ?

That would figure. Can't say I've ever noticed...

Tignes Photos! Arno FR European Ski Resorts 4 November 27th 03 10:39 AM
Tignes glacier, Saturday PG European Ski Resorts 5 October 27th 03 08:28 AM
Tignes PG European Ski Resorts 20 October 17th 03 12:30 PM
2 Alpes glacier conditions PG European Ski Resorts 0 August 30th 03 09:01 AM
Tignes Glacier Update David Off European Ski Resorts 4 July 21st 03 03:06 PM