Les Arcs/La Plagne lift link?

Old July 14th 03, 12:48 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Les Arcs/La Plagne lift link?

The latest I read about this was that it was due to open Xmas 03, so has
work started?

regards,

Greg
Old July 14th 03, 01:41 PM
MoonMan

In , Ace typed:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:48:15 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

The latest I read about this was that it was due to open Xmas 03, so
has work started?

Work was already well under way last year when I was last there. As
far as I'm aware, it's stiull planned to be open by xmas this year.

according to the website, they have strung the cables, there are pictures
and a movie

http://www.paradiski.com/gb/galerie.htm

I'm still to be convinced that it wouldn't scare me to death, 2km with no
supports!

Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 14th 03, 01:47 PM
Ace

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:41:49 +0100, "MoonMan"
wrote:

according to the website, they have strung the cables, there are pictures
and a movie

http://www.paradiski.com/gb/galerie.htm

I'm still to be convinced that it wouldn't scare me to death, 2km with no
supports!

Heh.

Just make sure you go on the top floor - that way you'll be able to
use the people underneath as a crumple zone...

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
Old July 15th 03, 07:20 AM
Ace

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:18:15 +0100, "InMyTree"
wrote:

"Guillaume Kerrien" wrote in message
Some photos of the work as of June 30th:

http://www.skipass.com/ubbvf/Forum1/HTML/001580.html

Freaking hell.. that thing is the biggest ski lift I have ever seen..

What, bigger even than those in Whistler? ;-)

Old July 15th 03, 08:15 AM
Nigel

Will be interesting to see what the maximum/safest crosswind it can
withstand before they have to close it ?

The span between the two Pylons of the VallugaBahn in St Anton is nearly
2km & thats being pulled on one Cable !

There has been a Double decker cable car operating in Samnaum/Ischgl for
many years . When it first opened the top deck was for foot passengers &
VIP's only .

Nigel

Old July 15th 03, 03:02 PM
InMyTree

Ahh yes.. but bigger does not always mean better

wrote:

"Guillaume Kerrien" wrote in message
Some photos of the work as of June 30th:

http://www.skipass.com/ubbvf/Forum1/HTML/001580.html

Freaking hell.. that thing is the biggest ski lift I have ever seen..

What, bigger even than those in Whistler? ;-)

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

Old July 16th 03, 09:02 PM
PG

"InMyTree" wrote in message
Ahh yes.. but bigger does not always mean better

Still, in this case, it means you've got twice the slopes to explore,
and twice the pleasure :°)

Pete