Keystone Lift Tickets for March

Old January 29th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sumner

Default Keystone Lift Tickets for March

Hello all,
First post be gentle! I'm taking my family of 5 (twin 8 yr old girls
11 yr old son, wife and myself) to Keystone over Spring Break. Where
is the cheapest place to get lift tickets prior to arriving at
Keystone. We'll be coming in from the East through Denver. We'll be in
Keystone from March 17th to the 21st. Skiing probably 3 ?? of those
days. Just depends on how the kids like it after the first day. I
haven't been in about 10 years or longer and just glancing at the lift
ticket prices it looks like a may have to sell a kidney before we go.
Any and all help if very much appreciated.

Thanks again
Old January 29th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Jan 28, 9:11*pm, Sumner wrote:
Hello all,
First post be gentle! I'm taking my family of 5 (twin 8 yr old girls
11 yr old son, wife and myself) to Keystone over Spring Break. Where
is the cheapest place to get lift tickets prior to arriving at
Keystone. We'll be coming in from the East through Denver. We'll be in
Keystone from March 17th to the 21st. Skiing probably 3 ?? of those
days. Just depends on how the kids like it after the first day. I
haven't been in about 10 years or longer and just glancing at the lift
ticket prices it looks like a may have to sell a kidney before we go.
Any and all help if very much appreciated.

Thanks again

Snoig:

Can you help this guy, I can't think of where the cheapest place to
get passes is.
Old January 29th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Jan 29, 10:42*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 28, 9:11*pm, Sumner wrote:

Hello all,
First post be gentle! I'm taking my family of 5 (twin 8 yr old girls
11 yr old son, wife and myself) to Keystone over Spring Break. Where
is the cheapest place to get lift tickets prior to arriving at
Keystone. We'll be coming in from the East through Denver. We'll be in
Keystone from March 17th to the 21st. Skiing probably 3 ?? of those
days. Just depends on how the kids like it after the first day. I
haven't been in about 10 years or longer and just glancing at the lift
ticket prices it looks like a may have to sell a kidney before we go.
Any and all help if very much appreciated.

Thanks again

Snoig:

Can you help this guy, I can't think of where the cheapest place to
get passes is.

Can't reallly say that I know since I don't purchase them. I do know
that most Christy Sports and Breeze/Max rentals have kiosks in their
stores but I don't think you get that much of a discount. Pioneer
Sports in Frisco also sells them at a discount but I think it's only a
couple of bucks off and you get a bigger discount by buying a multiday
ticket. Prices are he http://www.snow.com/info/pass.lt.asp for
multiday tickets. I think Pioneer only gets a couple of bucks off but
the OP would need to call them for details.

I couldn't find it on their website but I know that early purchasers
of a season pass can buy something like 5 or 6 discounted tickets for
friends at what I think was a 30% discount.
Old January 29th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sumner

Thanks for the replies and help. It sounds like Keystone doesn't sell
tickets at supermarkets like in the past. The place we are renting the
condo from suggested a supermarket in Dillon but then his secretary
butted in and said she didn't think they sold them anymore. For 3 days
of skiiing I'm looking at close to $1100 for the 5 of us. That's not
including the first days lessons for the wife and 3 kids. Craziness.
More than what I'm paying for 4 nights/5days stay. Oh well, I look at
it this way. We'll keep our memories longer than most material things
we can buy our kids. Lift ticket prices have went up ALOT since the
last time I went. wow
Old January 29th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Sumner wrote:

For 3 days
of skiiing I'm looking at close to $1100 for the 5 of us. That's not
including the first days lessons for the wife and 3 kids. Craziness.

Don't get me started.
My wife boards a horse at $450 a month.
I would be happy to waste that money on skiing instead.

-- Mike Treseler
Old January 29th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Sumner wrote:
For 3 days of skiiing I'm looking at close to $1100 for the 5 of us.
That's not including the first days lessons for the wife and 3 kids.
Craziness.

Well, you know, Colorado is not the only place in North America to ski.
It's just the most expensive.

You chose to go there, so you get to pay what they're asking.

Lift ticket prices have went up ALOT since the
last time I went. wow

There are several resort operators who are engaged in a price war.
They're all trying to be the most expensive, since so many doofuses seem
to think that "most expensive == best". Hence the $92 lift tickets. And
it's only going to get worse.

Enjoy your vacation - in years to come you can pine away for the days of
yore when your could ski 3 days with your family for only four digits.

//Walt
Old January 29th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sumner

On Jan 29, 2:17 pm, Walt wrote:
Sumner wrote:
For 3 days of skiiing I'm looking at close to $1100 for the 5 of us.
That's not including the first days lessons for the wife and 3 kids.
Craziness.

Well, you know, Colorado is not the only place in North America to ski.
It's just the most expensive.

You chose to go there, so you get to pay what they're asking.

Lift ticket prices have went up ALOT since the
last time I went. wow

There are several resort operators who are engaged in a price war.
They're all trying to be the most expensive, since so many doofuses seem
to think that "most expensive == best". Hence the $92 lift tickets. And
it's only going to get worse.

Enjoy your vacation - in years to come you can pine away for the days of
yore when your could ski 3 days with your family for only four digits.

//Walt

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine!
Old January 29th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Sumner wrote:
On Jan 29, 2:17 pm, Walt wrote:

Well, you know, Colorado is not the only place in North America to ski.
It's just the most expensive.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine!

Yep. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

//Walt
Old February 10th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 28, 8:11*pm, Sumner wrote:
Hello all,
First post be gentle! I'm taking my family of 5 (twin 8 yr old girls
11 yr old son, wife and myself) to Keystone over Spring Break. Where
is the cheapest place to get lift tickets prior to arriving at
Keystone. We'll be coming in from the East through Denver. We'll be in
Keystone from March 17th to the 21st. Skiing probably 3 ?? of those
days. Just depends on how the kids like it after the first day. I
haven't been in about 10 years or longer and just glancing at the lift
ticket prices it looks like a may have to sell a kidney before we go.
Any and all help if very much appreciated.

Thanks again

Good Day - Epic snow this season! It's been storm after storm of deep
powder. If you're looking for discount lift tickets for any
destination resort in Colorado check out the following.
www.skicolorado.travel
www.aspen.travel
www.beavercreek.travel
www.breckenridgecolorado.travel
www.coppermountain.travel
www.crestedbuttecolorado.travel
www.durango.travel
www.keystone.travel
www.steamboatsprings.travel
www.winterpark.travel
www.vail.travel
www.skitelluride.travel
Old February 20th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 28, 10:11 pm, Sumner wrote:
Hello all,
First post be gentle! I'm taking my family of 5 (twin 8 yr old girls
11 yr old son, wife and myself) to Keystone over Spring Break. Where
is the cheapest place to get lift tickets prior to arriving at
Keystone. We'll be coming in from the East through Denver. We'll be in
Keystone from March 17th to the 21st. Skiing probably 3 ?? of those
days. Just depends on how the kids like it after the first day. I
haven't been in about 10 years or longer and just glancing at the lift
ticket prices it looks like a may have to sell a kidney before we go.
Any and all help if very much appreciated.

Thanks again

It's been 2 or 3 years, but last time we went, I went on ebay and
bought a discount coupon book that was being sold as a fundraiser by
one of the Denver area high school athletic depts, It had discounts
for Keystone, Breck, Copper, and Winter Park. Just search Denver area
coupon book.

Good Luck

Tremblant lift tickets GT Marketplace 0 April 13th 04 12:15 AM
Discount Lift Tickets [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 5th 04 05:45 PM
keystone lift tickets tommy/wendy Alpine Skiing 1 December 20th 03 07:34 AM
SNCF March Tickets to the Alps Saroff European Ski Resorts 53 November 15th 03 07:25 PM
Where to buy NH Discount Lift Tickets?? Steve Goulding Alpine Skiing 1 October 1st 03 01:08 PM