Gressoney accommodation

Old October 24th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Gressoney accommodation

Anyone got any suggestions for a hotel or other accom. in Gressoney La
Trinite please ?

We stayed in La Scoiattolo (sp?) 3 or 4 years ago and were a bit
disappointed - rooms were OK but dinners were poor, not up to Italian
standards at all in either quality or quantity.

TIA
Old October 24th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:30:03 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Anyone got any suggestions for a hotel or other accom. in Gressoney La
Trinite please ?

We stayed in La Scoiattolo (sp?) 3 or 4 years ago and were a bit
disappointed - rooms were OK but dinners were poor, not up to Italian
standards at all in either quality or quantity.

The Hotel Jolanda Sport is situated right at the bottom[1] of the main
chairlift out of town and I'd not hesitate in recommending it,
although it's based on staying there just once about three years back.

Reasonable rates, friendly staff, excellent food and a great, and
cheap, range of splendid northern Italian red wines. What more could
you ask for?

http://www.hoteljolandasport.com/

[1] Indeed, it's physically attached to the lift office building. And
right opposite three or four ski shops.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old October 24th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

Anyone got any suggestions for a hotel or other accom. in Gressoney La
Trinite please ?

We stayed in La Scoiattolo (sp?) 3 or 4 years ago and were a bit
disappointed - rooms were OK but dinners were poor, not up to Italian
standards at all in either quality or quantity.

The Hotel Jolanda Sport is situated right at the bottom[1] of the main
chairlift out of town and I'd not hesitate in recommending it,
although it's based on staying there just once about three years back.

Reasonable rates, friendly staff, excellent food and a great, and
cheap, range of splendid northern Italian red wines. What more could
you ask for?

http://www.hoteljolandasport.com/

[1] Indeed, it's physically attached to the lift office building. And
right opposite three or four ski shops.

Yes, I'd looked at the hotels and that did seem nice, with lots of
facilities, but then so did the one I stayed at !

Thanks Ace, how are the pins ?
Old October 24th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:02:39 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace wrote:

http://www.hoteljolandasport.com/

[1] Indeed, it's physically attached to the lift office building. And
right opposite three or four ski shops.

Yes, I'd looked at the hotels and that did seem nice, with lots of
facilities, but then so did the one I stayed at !

Thanks Ace, how are the pins ?

Still causing some pain, but mostly of the dull ache variety now. I'm
down to about a quarter of the painkillers that I was using when I
came out of hospital, and only using the morphine (at the lowest level
- 1/3 of the prescribed dose) when it gets bad or if I know I'm going
to need it.

All on target, really, so I'm still planning to ski at least a bit
this season :-)

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old October 25th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

Ace wrote:

http://www.hoteljolandasport.com/

[1] Indeed, it's physically attached to the lift office building. And
right opposite three or four ski shops.

Yes, I'd looked at the hotels and that did seem nice, with lots of
facilities, but then so did the one I stayed at !

Thanks Ace, how are the pins ?

Still causing some pain, but mostly of the dull ache variety now. I'm
down to about a quarter of the painkillers that I was using when I
came out of hospital, and only using the morphine (at the lowest level
- 1/3 of the prescribed dose) when it gets bad or if I know I'm going
to need it.

All on target, really, so I'm still planning to ski at least a bit
this season :-)

Great news, but take it easy !

I was far too gung-ho after my knee artroscopy and it set me back weeks.
Old October 25th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:59:44 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:02:39 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Thanks Ace, how are the pins ?

All on target, really, so I'm still planning to ski at least a bit
this season :-)

Great news, but take it easy !

I was far too gung-ho after my knee artroscopy and it set me back weeks.

I've had a few ups and downs, but it's not so far been possible to do
any actual damage, as the pain levels have effectively stopped any
untoward movement. It's over the next few weeks that I need to be
careful, as I've got a nearly full range of movement back.

But I've stopped taking the painkillers prophylactically, so at least
I'm now feeling the 'real' state of affairs and that should hopefully
keep me cautious.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old October 25th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

Ace wrote:

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:02:39 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Thanks Ace, how are the pins ?

All on target, really, so I'm still planning to ski at least a bit
this season :-)

Great news, but take it easy !

I was far too gung-ho after my knee artroscopy and it set me back weeks.

I've had a few ups and downs, but it's not so far been possible to do
any actual damage, as the pain levels have effectively stopped any
untoward movement. It's over the next few weeks that I need to be
careful, as I've got a nearly full range of movement back.

But I've stopped taking the painkillers prophylactically, so at least
I'm now feeling the 'real' state of affairs and that should hopefully
keep me cautious.

Good, and good luck.