track skis or metal edges

Old March 11th 10, 11:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Neil

Default track skis or metal edges

Dear All,
I will going for a tour in the Fedmundsmarka area of Norway. I believe that
it is pretty flat. I was wondering if could by on my track skis or should I
take ones with metal edges. There might be soft new snow. What do you think
track or metal edged skis?
Thanks,
Neil

Old March 11th 10, 12:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Neil wrote:
Dear All,
I will going for a tour in the Fedmundsmarka area of Norway. I believe
that it is pretty flat. I was wondering if could by on my track skis or
should I take ones with metal edges. There might be soft new snow. What
do you think track or metal edged skis?

During Easter?

I would definitely pick lightweight racing gear, unless you know that
you are going to do a _lot_ of trailbreaking, while skiing alone.

During Easter you'll probably have some crust, at least underneath any
new snow between now and then.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old March 16th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Edgar[_2_]

On Mar 11, 4:29*am, "Neil" wrote:
Dear All,
I will going for a tour in the Fedmundsmarka area of Norway. I believe that
it is pretty flat. I was wondering if could by on my track skis or should I
take ones with metal edges. There might be soft new snow. What do you think
track or metal edged skis?
Thanks,
Neil

Do you mean "Femundsmarka"?

For description of the area see the DNT website page:
http://ut.no/turomrade/femundsmarka

The DNT website also shows what winter routes are marked:
http://www.turistforeningen.no/artic...=6617&fo_id=15

You can use the Google translator to get a rough idea of what the DNT
is saying if they do not have an English page.

Edgar