SLC conditions as good as they look?

Old April 2nd 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

Default SLC conditions as good as they look?

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:16:21 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Aside from the swords for poles, what does a mighty Hungarian
warrior-skier wear? A white tank top and orange shorts?

See the movie, and you'll find out.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old April 2nd 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:19:06 -0700 (PDT), Clarencedarrow
wrote this crap:

Tell them to watch out for a mighty Hungarian warrior, who skis with
two swords, for ski poles. *Stay far away from him.

And, especially, stay away from his discharges. They're gross.

Bert

Well Barfy old pal, you need to get your nose out of his ass.

Leave him alone. Bertrude is NOT a worthy opponent. He likes acting
like a little girl. It's the only amusement he gets.

Old April 3rd 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

helibrdr wrote:

My thoughts -Snowbird, Snowbasin, and then Solitude (Honeycomb Canyon)

You would have to ski in Solitude.
Consider Snowbird and Brighton.

-- Mike Treseler
Old April 3rd 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Mike Treseler wrote:
helibrdr wrote:

My thoughts -Snowbird, Snowbasin, and then Solitude (Honeycomb Canyon)

You would have to ski in Solitude.
Consider Snowbird and Brighton.

Brighton is a boarder zoo with a mediocre hill. The guy IS a boarder,
but he's coming from a distance - he probably has his own mediocre hills
and doesn't need to travel to access Utah's.
Old April 3rd 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bert Hoff[_2_]

Clarencedarrow wrote:
On Apr 2, 4:36 pm, Bert Hoff wrote:
Harry Weiner wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:56:44 -0400, "helibrdr"
wrote this crap:
Boys and I are boarders (sorry folks) but they DO NOT side slip down runs or
sit in the middle of them! In fact they love nothing more than a bunch of
powder and tree runs.
My thoughts -Snowbird, Snowbasin, and then Solitude (Honeycomb Canyon)
Any other input (other then learn to ski?) ;-)

From: Clarencedarrow
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.alpine
Subject: Hey Bert, You were right.
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 05:19:02 -0700 (PDT)

She said and I quote, "If you want to play with **** like that, get
busy and put the fertilizer down on the grass and for god's sake get a
life."

My wife threatened to divorce me if I ever had any contact with him or
someone
like him again.
Old April 3rd 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
helibrdr

"Walt" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
Mike Treseler wrote:
helibrdr wrote:

My thoughts -Snowbird, Snowbasin, and then Solitude (Honeycomb Canyon)

You would have to ski in Solitude.

Why's that? Are you confusing it with Alta?

Consider Snowbird and Brighton.

Brighton is a boarder zoo with a mediocre hill. The guy IS a boarder, but
he's coming from a distance - he probably has his own mediocre hills and
doesn't need to travel to access Utah's.

Get there early, before the boarders show up.

//Walt

Yes we are boarders but our single planks have never seen park or pipe.
Actually, I have found if I stay to far skiers right and left (Great Divide
and Millicent lifts?) there is some fun terrain to be found. I just stay out
of the center of the resort. Same with The Canyons - Dreamscape and Dream
Catcher and Super Condor areas tend to be less crowded and some nice treed
areas. 9990 if there is some fresh snow. Again, stay away from the center!

From Kentucky, best "hill" is an hour away, 100% manmade snow, and 300ft of
vertical and I think that is measured from the bottom of the well they draw
from to the top of the flag pole on the lodge. But it beats no snow!

Favorite UT place ..... Powder Mountain. No crowds, no lines, tons of
terrain - and trees. For some insane reason reason, many people avoid
venturing into them.

Old April 3rd 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

helibrdr wrote:

Yes we are boarders but our single planks have never seen park or pipe.
Actually, I have found if I stay to far skiers right and left (Great Divide
and Millicent lifts?) there is some fun terrain to be found. I just stay out
of the center of the resort.

Fair enough, try Solitude.

-- Mike Treseler

Good skiing conditions in Banff SKI COACH North American Ski Resorts 0 November 28th 06 03:33 AM
Good skiing Conditions in Banff (Canadian Rockies) SKI COACH European Ski Resorts 0 November 28th 06 03:30 AM
CB Conditions Jack Nixon Alpine Skiing 0 January 25th 05 12:47 AM
ski conditions dick Alpine Skiing 1 February 21st 04 09:13 PM
Good web site for ski conditions in Switzerland,Austria? Dan Epstein European Ski Resorts 10 December 17th 03 06:55 PM