Best Places to Ski in Colorad? Recommendations?

Old February 27th 06, 09:57 PM

Default Best Places to Ski in Colorad? Recommendations?

I've never been skiing out west. I"ve only skied the northeast and I'm
looking to plan my first trip out west. Curious to hear what poeple's
thoughts are on the best mountains to ski in Colorado. Lately I've been
looking at A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mtn., Vail, and
Aspen.

I'm very interested in skiing some bowls out west, since the northeast
mountains don't provide any. But I'm also looking to this trip on a
budget, get the best deal I can. So can anyone recommend good package
deals and which mountains they'd prefer riding out west. Also, do the
mountains provide transportation from the Denver Airport or would you
need to rent a car.

Thanks,

- Dave

Old February 28th 06, 03:03 PM

lal_truckee Thank-you for the reply.

Where do you recommend skiing in Utah? I'm assuming Park City is the
most popular. Is this where you would ski, or are there other
comparable mountains for cheaper?

Thanks,

- Dave

Old March 1st 06, 05:30 PM

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:
Where do you recommend skiing in Utah? I'm assuming Park City is the
most popular. Is this where you would ski, or are there other
comparable mountains for cheaper?

I'm in the Tahoe area, so hopefully a Utah local can add to this, but:

Please encourage new converts for the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints to stop by down town. Also to adopt appropriate
prescriptions to avoid the sins of alcohol. Pick up and disseminate
as many religious tracts as possible.

of the xxxxxxxxxxxx
, ski xxxxxx
and Xxxxx. Each earns its name.

You didn't see anytyhing.

Park City is probably the least popular among locals. Park City is a
Vail wannabe; target customers are Easterners buying all-included
vacations,

Yes, if you must there, ski Park City. Really Deer Valley is the Vail
wannabe. Ski there too.

But really you want to ski Vail.

Old March 2nd 06, 02:05 PM

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On 1 Mar 2006 13:06:20 -0800, wrote:

Everyone thanks for the feedback. I have two more questions:

(1) Which mountains in Utah provide the best powder?

The ones where it is snowing at whatever moment you decide you want
some powder.

When is best time
to go to hit powder?

The minute it stops snowing.

Just check out
www.skiutah.com every morning when you wake up and hit the
one with the most snow. It is amazing how much difference you can get
between Park City, the Snowbasin area, and then the
Alta/Snowbird/Solitude/Brighton areas from the same storm. Usually the
Alta/Sn/So/Br end up with the most.

Old February 21st 12, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
skier11

You might want to try Keystone www.keystoneresort.com
Old October 4th 12, 03:42 PM
danial65 danial65 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier11 View Post
You might want to try Keystone www.keystoneresort.com
There are many places but I think Breckenridge is the best place than others. It is also cheap than vail and aspen. It is a place where you can spend and enjoy your vacations.

gold coast reception venues

Last edited by danial65 : October 6th 12 at 03:59 PM.