Request advice

Old January 9th 05, 01:45 PM
Gary S.

Default Request advice

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:43:36 GMT, "Angelo Badellino"
wrote:

Hy, can you post me one or more free site that discuss about ski
mountainereeng materials and other whit techincal advice and support.
I'll must buy somethings but i want be sure about it.

My interest a ski (freeride, all-mountain ecc...), apparel,accessories
ecc...

I have cross-posted this to rec.skiing.backcountry, which is more
likely to get the specific advice you seek.

First questions would be what type of terrain you plan to do, your
experience, and if you have a leaning towards telemark-type freeheel
backcountry ski gear, or alpine-type randonee ski gear.

Ski mountaineering covers a variety of things.

There are also a host of other skills needed to be doing this safely
outside the bounds of an organized ski resort, including general
winter hiking skills, heat and energy management with clothing and
food, avalanche awareness, navigation,etc.

A website may not teach you everything you need.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old January 9th 05, 06:12 PM
Angelo Badellino

wrote:

First questions would be what type of terrain you plan to do, your
experience, and if you have a leaning towards telemark-type freeheel
backcountry ski gear, or alpine-type randonee ski gear.

Ski mountaineering covers a variety of things.

There are also a host of other skills needed to be doing this safely
outside the bounds of an organized ski resort, including general
winter hiking skills, heat and energy management with clothing and
food, avalanche awareness, navigation,etc.

A website may not teach you everything you need.

Ok,(sorry for my language use but I do not speak english)

I pratice ski mountaneering and i have the right material to do it...
But i'll buy a freeride ski that i can use, whit useful result, also on a
track. I want an all-mountain.

About my primary request a want know more about a site thah deal with new
ski, that spread his performance and feature, nothing else.
A place where i can compare ski material (in english please[i want learn it
])
i haven't found nothing like this on italina language.

thanks at all alike...

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old January 9th 05, 11:25 PM
small change