heel coming out of the boots?

Old January 22nd 04, 09:12 PM
Johnny K

Default heel coming out of the boots?

I have a pair of Burton Tributes.. and while my feet are snug (my toes
are touching the end), the heel doesn't touch the back.. And I know my
feet aren't funky.. I can't seem to get the heel to stay down, always
moves .5" or so.. If I jump, i can feel the board lower a bit.. Would an
insole help, or would that just cram my toes against the front more?
Thanks guys

Old January 22nd 04, 10:16 PM
Spiff

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:12:23 -0500, Johnny K
wrote:

I have a pair of Burton Tributes.. and while my feet are snug (my toes
are touching the end), the heel doesn't touch the back.. And I know my
feet aren't funky.. I can't seem to get the heel to stay down, always
moves .5" or so.. If I jump, i can feel the board lower a bit.. Would an
insole help, or would that just cram my toes against the front more?
Thanks guys

heel cups...or orthotics.....i have custom made orthotics and i
sometimes use them in my cheap boots to prevent heel lift...You would
probably be better off heading down to the local pharmacy and getting
some heel cups...less then10$....

SPiff

Old January 22nd 04, 10:42 PM
Johnny K

Thanks! I will check that out tomorrow.. So a heel cup is a better idea
than an insole you think?

Old January 22nd 04, 11:07 PM
Spiff

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:42:21 -0500, Johnny K
wrote:

Thanks! I will check that out tomorrow.. So a heel cup is a better idea
than an insole you think?

Something you have to consider is the thickness of the insoles if you
go that route...might custom orthotics are pretty thick....it really
pushes my feet higher in the boot...This may or may not be comfortable
for you...With the hell cups, the part your heel fits into will be
deeper then you would find on an insole...Your heel will fit snugly in
it and it shouldnt raise your entire foot too much....your mileage may
very....but this (heel cups/even insoles) are a cheap
alternative....For me this works wonders...I actually use the heel
cups more then the insoles(orthotics)...

Spiff

Old January 23rd 04, 05:56 AM
Johnny K

And it's just your average heel cup from a pharmacy? I phoned around to
local board shops, and they want $35 for insoles.. seems rather steep
for something that I just need to cup my heel..

Old January 23rd 04, 08:04 AM
Spiff

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:56:51 -0500, Johnny K
wrote:

And it's just your average heel cup from a pharmacy? I phoned around to
local board shops, and they want $35 for insoles.. seems rather steep
for something that I just need to cup my heel..

Im assuming you are in North America right?
I went to walmart (canada) and bought some heel cups for @ $8.....and
they work great...the cup is acutually a foam wedge with it wrapping
around your heel...
You would have to go down to the store to eyeball insoles...cos some
will very in thickness....some types of Dr Scholls would be worthless
for this...ie odor eaters etc...check them out...

Spiff

Old January 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
Spiff

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:15:42 -0500, Johnny K
wrote:

alrighty.. off to walmart it is.. thanks man!

no problem....

Spiff