Setting the record straight

Old April 6th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Setting the record straight

Hi all

One of my campaign aides told me that there had been some inaccurate information reported about my election totals since 2006 on this group.

To help set the record straight, here are the totals, as reported by the Texas Secretary of State. (I) indicates the incumbent nominee. I hope these format OK on the newsgroup. My campaign aides put in some hard work to compile these figures for you.

From: Texas Office of the Secretary of State
http://elections.sos.state.tx.us/elchist.exe

2006
Special Congressional Election
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 122,486 60.10%
John Courage DEM 49,957 24.51%
Gene Kelly DEM 18,355 9.00%
Tommy Calvert IND 5,280 2.59%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 4,076 2.00% -- me
James Lyle Peterson IND 2,189 1.07%
Mark J. Rossano IND 1,439 0.70%
-----------
Race Total 203,782

2008
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 243,471 79.99%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 60,879 20.00% -- me
-----------
Race Total 304,350

2010
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 162,924 68.87%
Lainey Melnick DEM 65,927 27.87%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 7,694 3.25% -- me
-----------
Race Total 236,545

2012
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 187,015 60.54%
Candace E. Duval DEM 109,326 35.39%
John-Henry Liberty LIB 12,524 4.05% -- the guy who beat me
-----------
Race Total 308,865

The 2006 race was a special election due to redistricting issues, and wound up being the second-most contested Congressional race in the nation that year, in terms of the number of candidates on the ballot.

In the 2012 race, I lost the nomination at our nominating convention to a promising newcomer who was just within days of being old enough to run for Congress. I provide John-Henry's vote total as a comparison, and hope that he will go on to do great things for the Libertarian Party, including bettering the 72,649 votes I earned over three campaigns.

And speaking of comparisons, I offer for your approval the same years' results from Washington state for the Congressional district where the most vocal provider of inaccurate vote totals apparently lives.

The numbers have been normalized to match the format provided by the Texas Secretary of State.

As far as my campaign aides have been able to ascertain, Washington state went to a "best of two" system for the November Congressional ballot starting in 2008, which essentially locks out ALL third-party candidates when the two major parties both choose to field and fund a candidate.

From: Washington Office of the Secretary of State
www.secstate.wa.gov/elections/

2006
----------------------------------
U.S. Representative District 7

Jim McDermott (I) DEM 195,462 79.41%
Steve Beren REP 38,715 15.73%
Linnea S. Noreen IND 11,956 4.86%
Scott Barak Abraham FAIL 0 0.00% not on ballot
-----------------
Race Total 246,133
Democratic hold

2008
----------------------------------
U.S. Representative District 7

Jim McDermott (I) DEM 291,963 83.65%
Steve Beren REP 57,054 16.35%
Scott Barak Abraham FAIL 0 0.00% not on ballot
-----------------
Race Total 349,017

2010
--------------------------
U.S. Representative District 7

Jim McDermott (I) DEM 232,649 82.97%
Bob Jeffers-Schroder IND 47,741 17.03%
Scott Barak Abraham FAIL 0 0.00% not on ballot
-------------
Race Total 280,390

2012
------------------------
U.S. Representative District 7

Jim McDermott (I) DEM 298,368 79.65%
Ron Bemis REP 76,212 20.35%
Scott Barak Abraham FAIL 0 0.00% not on ballot
-------------
Race Total 374,580

If anybody is keeping score, it looks like 72,649 votes for James Arthur Strohm vs. 0 votes for Scott Barak Abraham and his FAIL party. Of course, I did not go back all the way to 1978 to see whether Scott might have run for US Congress in the years between then and 2006. But if he had, I think he would have told us here.

In Liberty,
James Arthur Strohm
Old April 6th 13, 02:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 07:16:23 -0700 (PDT),
wrote this crap:

Hi all

One of my campaign aides told me that there had been some
inaccurate information reported about my election totals since
2006 on this group.

That was Trunky dissing you.

2006
Special Congressional Election
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 122,486 60.10%
John Courage DEM 49,957 24.51%
Gene Kelly DEM 18,355 9.00%
Tommy Calvert IND 5,280 2.59%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 4,076 2.00% -- me
James Lyle Peterson IND 2,189 1.07%
Mark J. Rossano IND 1,439 0.70%
-----------
Race Total 203,782

So you are a Libertarian. Why do you even bother to run?

2008
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 243,471 79.99%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 60,879 20.00% -- me
-----------
Race Total 304,350

2010
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 162,924 68.87%
Lainey Melnick DEM 65,927 27.87%
James Arthur Strohm LIB 7,694 3.25% -- me
-----------
Race Total 236,545

2012
U. S. Representative District 21

Lamar Smith (I) REP 187,015 60.54%
Candace E. Duval DEM 109,326 35.39%
John-Henry Liberty LIB 12,524 4.05% -- the guy who beat me
-----------
Race Total 308,865

2K votes to 8K votes then 12,5K, good job. I see the experience in the
first race helped out in the next two. Now that you have some name
recognition maybe you should try for a local office.

Once again, Trunky was lying his ass off.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old April 6th 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Once again, caught lying your ass off so what do you do? Double down and tell some more lies. The only way it will end is when you die.
Old April 6th 13, 04:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 08:15:17 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

And once again, James Arthur Strohm pulls a whopper of a
desperate lie out of his ass.
I've never run for office. Never even considered running
for office. But then again, I'm insane.

With your criminal record nobody would vote for you. But then again,
many convicted felons have run for office and won. Marion Barry for
one.

Perhaps you should run on the, "Kiddie Diddler," ticket. You'd get
the votes from every perv in town. At least you won't get 0.0% of the
vote.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.