binding angles

Old March 7th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default binding angles

In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

I'm in soft boots and this year bumped it up 3 degrees to 24/12
with highbacks rotated as much as it goes.
Old March 7th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

I'm in soft boots and this year bumped it up 3 degrees to 24/12
with highbacks rotated as much as it goes.

I'm probably +15, -12 or so. I couldn't get enough forward lean out of my
highbacks, so I made a wedge of plywood, painted, then coated thinly with
urethane caulk for friction, to put under the bindings, that gives me an extra
1/4" under the heels. That enable me to get more bend to my knees, allowing
better bump absorbtion on fast turns, especially on heel turns.

Old March 8th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jethro Nolt

I usually run +15, -6. Yesterday I went boarding and decided to try
something new. I was doing a double diamond run most of the day, and
it was windy, so I wanted to be able to crouch more. I set them to
+30,+15, just to see how that worked. It made toeside turns a cinch,
and I could carve like I never imagined, but it made heelside turns
pretty awkward.
Old March 8th 10, 09:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Champ

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:12:38 -0600, "Mike M. Miskulin"
wrote:

In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

I started riding in the early 90s with pretty high angles (~ +24
front, +15 back) and have slowly wound them back and back until I now
ride duck foot with around +6 and -3
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk
Old March 8th 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 21:12:38 GMT, Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

So what angles do you guys ride?

I used to have +27/+9 I think, but after a while went to +27/-3 which I
used for 3 or 4 years. These days I'm on +15/-15, which I've been using
since 2004.

I actually don't like much forward lean and have my bindings at the
minimum settings.

Rather sad this year, it looks like I won't be clocking 20 days for the
first time since '98.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ is currently out of order
Old March 8th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sean C[_2_]

"Switters" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 21:12:38 GMT, Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

So what angles do you guys ride?

I used to have +27/+9 I think, but after a while went to +27/-3 which I
used for 3 or 4 years. These days I'm on +15/-15, which I've been using
since 2004.

I actually don't like much forward lean and have my bindings at the
minimum settings.

Rather sad this year, it looks like I won't be clocking 20 days for the
first time since '98.

I wish my knees would allow for +15/-15, but I'm forward on both, +21, +6.

I know my technique is not the greatest which probably contributes to the
knee issues with a -15 rear, AND it just feels a bit awkard.

Forward on both doesn't seem to create as much pressure on the inside rear
knee.

Sean

//hasn't clocked 20 days in one year yet//

Old March 8th 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:54:27 GMT, Sean C wrote:

I used to have +27/+9 I think, but after a while went to +27/-3 which
I used for 3 or 4 years. These days I'm on +15/-15, which I've been
using since 2004.

I wish my knees would allow for +15/-15, but I'm forward on both, +21,
+6.

I know my technique is not the greatest which probably contributes to
the knee issues with a -15 rear, AND it just feels a bit awkard.

Well it's not really about whether the angle is positive or negative, but
mainly the difference between the 2 feet. For me a difference between the
feet of 30 degrees feels best. I could just as easily ride with +30/0 but
I like the adaptability.

You clearly prefer a 15 degree difference, so you should be able to ride
with +9/-6, if you're happy looking around further when you heel side
carve. It's not for everyone though.

Old March 9th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

52 front, 47 rear on my Coiler AM. 40 front, 35 rear on my Tanker.

Neil
Old March 9th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Neil Gendzwill wrote in
:

52 front, 47 rear on my Coiler AM. 40 front, 35 rear on my

Tanker.

Neil

ha hardbooter!

have to say I'm surprised at the large number of guys
riding a duck stance.

someone else mentioned the difference between front back
and I have to agree, anything more than about 10-12 makes
my rear knee ache.

I'm considering moving back to 21/9 today after twising
a knee when my tail got caught doing some moguls last week..
nothing like burying it vertically in a few feet of snow
as the rest of your body rotates..
Old March 30th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian G. Becker[_2_]

Am 07.03.2010 22:12, schrieb Mike M. Miskulin:
In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

I'm in soft boots and this year bumped it up 3 degrees to 24/12
with highbacks rotated as much as it goes.

15/-15 as of this winter, 15/-10 before. First years were 20/5. Started
to go a lot more fakie sind then.

Krischan

Bevel Angles? GoHabsGo Snowboarding 2 January 24th 06 03:08 PM
finally tried forward angles, but need some help... [email protected] Snowboarding 13 December 16th 05 06:27 AM
Forward Lean Angles tg Snowboarding 21 December 13th 04 02:49 AM
What angles? David Snowboarding 11 October 22nd 04 04:10 PM
Stance angles Dean Snowboarding 0 March 15th 04 11:07 AM