drifts

Old February 26th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default drifts

Still snowing hard, and cold. 40-50 inches in the last few days on the
slopes. Windy today, so top closed (anemometer on the peak froze so
don't know the actual wind velocity.)

But had plenty of freshies to ski. Irregular surface, as overnight winds
compacted some, drifted it deep elsewhere, and left wonderful light
faceshot powder in the trees and sheltered slopes. 15 inches more
predicted by tomorrow, with continued cold, so should be a fair day,
what with just a few locals on the slopes. 35 inches predicted through
Tuesday.

Tough getting back to the cabin from the slopes, with a mob of people
parked on I-80 trying to get to the flatlands so they can go to work
Monday. Had to use wiles and backroad knowledge to escape their
self-made traffic hell. Must have seen 10 different vehicles in ditches,
in the trees, and one UP a bank. These tourists drive like maniacs.

Cleared the deck, then cranked up the plow truck and cleared the
driveway, and when I finished there were 3 more inches on the deck. Life
is good.

Get it while you can.

Old February 26th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Ernie

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
t...
[...]

The location is ?? Utah??

Thank you,

Ernie

Old February 26th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

In NYC on 72 street we have about an inch and more snow is falling, and
the usual group of yellow cars being unable to drive in it.

Old February 26th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Neil Kaufman

LAL,

Where were you today ?
Friday at Sugar Bowl was pretty nice. Best day I've had there in a few
years.

I was too damn afraid of the tourists to leave the house today.

Truckeeskibum

Old February 26th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Ernie wrote:
"lal_truckee" wrote

CLIP

The location is ?? Utah??

Truckee.

Old February 26th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Neil Kaufman wrote:
LAL,

Where were you today ?
Friday at Sugar Bowl was pretty nice. Best day I've had there in a few
years.

Alpine. Best day(s) since the last best day(s) (remember last March when
it snowed good pow almost every day?)

I was too damn afraid of the tourists to leave the house today.

They're not so bad. Just remember they're not real. Proof is: wait a
maximum of 2 days and they're gone, poof. Like Keyser Söze.

Old February 27th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

1) Bite me...

2) Good news is, my Killington pass will be good at Alpine.

Old February 27th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
SkiFastBadly

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
t...
Still snowing hard, and cold. 40-50 inches in the last few days on the
slopes. Windy today, so top closed (anemometer on the peak froze so don't
know the actual wind velocity.)

Foot and a half of powder in Park City last night, and here I sit in my
basement office working. Bugger.

Old February 27th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Get it while you can.

1) Bite me...

2) Good news is, my Killington pass will be good at Alpine.

You think? The Alpine pass hasn't been good at Park City (a few discount
coupons are issued, if I remember to ask); but the PC pass is supposedly
good at Alpine. Go figu other than Powdr Corp is lame.

Old February 27th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Get it while you can.

1) Bite me...

2) Good news is, my Killington pass will be good at Alpine.

You think? The Alpine pass hasn't been good at Park City (a few discount
coupons are issued, if I remember to ask); but the PC pass is supposedly
good at Alpine. Go figu other than Powdr Corp is lame.

Yup, I think.

Park City is blacked out to all other Powdr passes.

All Powdr passes work at all Powdr resorts EXCEPT
Park City unless it's a PC pass, or at least that
is what was announced this morning