This COTSE thing

Old April 24th 05, 10:19 AM
foot2foot

Default This COTSE thing

I've had some thoughts about this COTSE thing, you know,
there's been this sort of, problem here in rec skiing alpine with
some posts coming out of COTSE.

Pheeeyewee. The kinds of things that'd make you want to
cover the ears of the neighborhood ho to protect her from
the vulgarity. It's been some pretty nasty stuff.

I figure the only way that this could be is that the peeps at
COTSE just didn't know what was going on. They weren't
really wise to some of the stuff being posted here in RSA they
were getting credit for.

Because, I actually went down the the library and got on
the net, then went over to COTSE and hung out for a while.
Then I spent the rest of the day browsing at home. I think I
got away with it. My computer was OK anyway.

Seemed that these are actually some some sophisticated folks.
These are Big people in with big friends in big places. I mean,
people just don't talk like that in boardrooms.

That has to be it. COTSE just didn't really know what was
going on.

Old April 24th 05, 10:49 AM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:19:26 -0700, foot2foot surprised everyone on Usenet
by scribbling:

[...]

Enlighten me...what EXACTLY was going on...
A wondering mind wants to know.
--
Hans van Eynsbergen
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
Old April 24th 05, 11:57 AM
ant

foot2foot wrote:

Because, I actually went down the the library and got on
the net, then went over to COTSE and hung out for a while.
Then I spent the rest of the day browsing at home. I think I
got away with it. My computer was OK anyway.

Don't believe it, even though you used the library computer, cotse sent
little nanobots out and they lodged under your fingernails. Your home
computer was infected as soon as you logged onto it.

btw, why is the group "alt.2600" in the "reply to" line? You aren't the real
Foot either! Fake!

ant

Old April 24th 05, 12:18 PM
Dick Gozinya

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:57:54 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

foot2foot wrote:

Because, I actually went down the the library and got on
the net, then went over to COTSE and hung out for a while.
Then I spent the rest of the day browsing at home. I think I
got away with it. My computer was OK anyway.

Don't believe it, even though you used the library computer, cotse sent
little nanobots out and they lodged under your fingernails. Your home
computer was infected as soon as you logged onto it.

btw, why is the group "alt.2600" in the "reply to" line? You aren't the real
Foot either! Fake!

ant

Ant, you torturer!

"I am Homer of Borg. You will be assim...ooooohhh, donut"!
Old April 24th 05, 12:53 PM
magnus

Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

[...]

Yeah, me too. I mean this nasty ****ing langauge simply has to stop. :-)
Btw, hi Hans. Hope you're doing well.

Old April 24th 05, 01:28 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:53:38 -0000 (GMT), magnus, after pondering on life,
the Universe and everything, checking the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
we now know to be Usenet, decided to scribble :
Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

[...]

I do, thank you very much.
Life is still as busy as usual, and especially at work, but at least I got
to spend a week in a titty bar, watching all the action as it unfolded.
Downside was the fact, that I was NOT allowed to have any beer....
Insomnia is still somewhat of a nuisance at times, but I've gotten used to
it. This October I will be present at Biscuit's and Tinker's wedding and
hope to meet everyone of the 2600 crew !
I've recently bought a used laser printer, a HP5si Mopier, that's up and
running now. It's a behemoth, but since I'm spending at least 50% of my
time working at home, the printer comes in very handy. ( wrote about it in
the thread "to buy or not to buy")
Yesterday I visited a monthly held computer show here in Rotterdam, but as
usual, nothing really spectacular. Although I found a pair of used Compaq
TFT 7020 17 inch flatscreens that were not too expensive !
Thought awhile about buying them, so that I could mount all 4 of them in
some nice rack, but decided against it, because a new VGA card that can
handle 4 screens might be a little expensive. And the mounting system is
also not that cheap !
As for the rest of life : nothing special to write home about, but all is
going well. Got very little to complain about.
Except for the fact that we still don't have external mail at the office !
lol !

Old April 24th 05, 03:15 PM
-=Biscuit=-

"foot2foot" delighted us to no end by
taking a lime green crayon and scribbling in
, on the hallowed day of Sun
24 Apr 2005 03:19:26a:

[...]

lol! Talk about your obvious trolls.....shiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Honey, you need some LESSONS!

*grins and waves hi*

--
-=Mara=-
"I'm never sarcastic. But I'm almost always annoying."
Old April 24th 05, 10:41 PM
Walt

foot2foot wrote:
I've had some thoughts about this COTSE thing, you know...

You weren't supposed to find out about the Church of the Swimming
Elephant.

Now you know.

The gig is up.
The fat lady has sung.
The cows have come home to roost.

Brace yourself for what happens next.

--
// Walt
//

Old April 24th 05, 10:48 PM
foot2foot

"Hans van Eynsbergen" wrote in message
[...]

Well, there's some stuff been coming out of nulluser that
almost, *nobody* decent would want to claim. Especially
the sophisticates that run the legendary cotse.com.

And some possibly innocuous poster who I still think
is probably the mentally and emotionally limited peep
we see presently in a much diluted form got all ticked
off because I reported him to the FBI computer crime
section mostly because I figure he might be one of these
people in here who will try to ruin your whole life, and
tear up your family, take you out of your job, ruin your
friendships and everything else they (think) they can get
away with because you annoyed them with a usenet post
like some other actually disturbed and not very nice people
in here whom I also got fed up with and reported to the
FBI computer crime section. I'm just not sure who the
real actors might be, but it doesn't hurt to report
possibilities.

See, there was this thing where these other rsa peeps
attacked this Scott guy, then he attacked them, then they
had this court thing where they had him banned from
posting to usenet (yes virginia) and then that expired,
and he was back ticking them all off again, but that's
neither here nor there.

So anyway, I just couldn't think that the really bad stuff
could possibly been let go by *anyone* with a touch
of a degree of sophistication, so as such.

This present guy? Yea, could be the same guy, then again
he could just be some poor stupid puke who just pays
the bill or something. Sorta sounds like it. Take away
the filth beyond depravity and he's got nothing.

Old April 24th 05, 11:23 PM
Rev Turd Fredericks

What the hell are you on about?
--
"I have no idea what's going on, wanna get high?"

-Towelie (South Park)