Reporter seeks Bay Area skiers

Old January 10th 05, 03:35 AM
uglymoney

On 9 Jan 2005 19:25:58 -0800, "Glennda" wrote:

Good idea! What are you cooking?
I'll never forget sitting across from a couple of French guys in the
dining room at Squaw. One of them pulled out a big old onion, sliced
it up and proceeded to eat it raw!

Glennda

I'm eating one right now. Sliced and dippped in just enough salt to
taste, washed down with milk.

Its a pretty common snack really. Low calorie, low fat. Good for
repelling girls.

nate
Old January 10th 05, 04:11 AM
Jim Strohm

Glennda wrote:

Good idea! What are you cooking?
I'll never forget sitting across from a couple of French guys in the
dining room at Squaw. One of them pulled out a big old onion, sliced
it up and proceeded to eat it raw!

If you core that onion and stuff it as if it were a spherical mushroom,
and bake it until it's soft, it usually turns very sweet and delicious
-- but is still a potent date repellent, unless everybody eats one.

I'm told that if you've a head cold, raw onion is just like an apple.

Tonight's recipes partially failed. The garlic-stuffed pork chops had
too much garlic (but now I know what's "too much") and the traditional
shell pasta stuffed with mock alfredo, in red sauce, were OK, given that
there was no spinach or ricotta, just brussels sprouts and sour cream ...

But the old stand-by, garlic french bread to get a second date with,
worked as well as ever. Butter (marg), garlic powder, and parmesan on
sliced french bread. Bake. Easier than crashing under the main lift.

The true skiier will manage to get four or five cups of Papa Johns
garlic sauce per loaf of french bread, and snag about 20 little packages
of parmesan cheese. And then con the dudes at the Subway out of a few
sandwich rolls.

It's all about eating what's available.

Think "Donner party."

Jimintexus
Old January 10th 05, 04:24 AM
The Real Bev

Jim Strohm wrote:

The true skiier will manage to get four or five cups of Papa Johns
garlic sauce per loaf of french bread, and snag about 20 little packages
of parmesan cheese. And then con the dudes at the Subway out of a few
sandwich rolls.

Avoid the shame of begging, check out the dumpster.

It's all about eating what's available.

Think "Donner party."

Ya want fries with that?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 10th 05, 04:55 AM
Glennda

Well, my deadline is long past, but thanks y'all for a very toothsome
conversation!

Glennda

Old January 10th 05, 05:09 AM
VtSkier

Glennda wrote:
Well, my deadline is long past, but thanks y'all for a very toothsome
conversation!

Glennda

y'welcome
Please post a link to your story if indeed you
have written one.
VtSkier
Old January 10th 05, 06:50 AM
marty

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Jim Strohm wrote:

The true skiier will manage to get four or five cups of Papa Johns
garlic sauce per loaf of french bread, and snag about 20 little packages
of parmesan cheese. And then con the dudes at the Subway out of a few
sandwich rolls.

Avoid the shame of begging, check out the dumpster.

It's all about eating what's available.

Think "Donner party."

Ya want fries with that?

You mean, do you want thighs with that!