bindings not fitting right on a Burton T6

Old December 5th 04, 09:46 AM
letx letx is offline
Junior Member

Default bindings not fitting right on a Burton T6

so i bought a 2004 burton T6, & i tried to put the bindings (GNU G2's) on, but only 2 screws fit onto the bindings. On the baseplate, I can only fit 2 screws, is this stable enough?? I want to form a triangle on my baseplate w/ the screws so that its more stable. Is this possible or would i have to get another baseplate??
Old December 5th 04, 03:09 PM
Tiburon27

That's what your get when you buy a burton board, chum. You then have to
buy a burton bindings and their retarded 3 hole pattern. I would suggest
contacting GNU and seeing if they make 3 hole replacements. (I doubt it).
Burton has a single 4 hole stance option on their boards. Is this 4 hole
stance option too big or small for you?
Do not use only 2 screws. If one screw is loose you only have one other
screw holding your binding to your board. Imagine having one screw loose
and using the chair lift all day and then the second screw comes loose after
a full day of riding. Your board may slip off your binding on the
chairlift. Imagine how much that ywould suck! If all else fails take it
back to the store and explain the situation. You might get to exchange it
for a different brand.

--
letx

Old December 5th 04, 04:00 PM
Mike T

Burton has a single 4 hole stance option on their boards. Is this 4 hole
stance option too big or small for you?

The Burton "A-Hole pattern", or 3D as it is offically known, is an
equilateral triangle, 42 mm on each side. The industry standard 4x4 pattern
is a square "4cm x 4cm" or 40mm on each side. So a Burton board has no 4x4
stance option. There is set of inserts that make a rectangle, whose height
is 42 mm and whose length is somewhere around 50 mm (too lazy to measure).
A 4x4 disk *can* be designed to to take advantage of that (look for a little
extra room at two points along the slots on the disk) but if they have this
feature, there is usually a hole somewhere that makes it possible to just
use the Burton A-Hole pattern anyway.

Do not use only 2 screws.

Definitely agreed there.

If all else fails take it
back to the store and explain the situation. You might get to exchange it
for a different brand.

And if that's not what you want to do... shop for a set of Burton compatible
bindings....

Old December 5th 04, 06:37 PM
bri719

A-hole pattern....great name for a ridiculous Burton design! :-)

bri

Old December 5th 04, 09:58 PM
Leon

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:00:44 GMT, "Mike T"
wrote:

Burton has a single 4 hole stance option on their boards. Is this 4 hole
stance option too big or small for you?

The Burton "A-Hole pattern", or 3D as it is offically known, is an
equilateral triangle, 42 mm on each side. The industry standard 4x4 pattern
is a square "4cm x 4cm" or 40mm on each side. So a Burton board has no 4x4
stance option. There is set of inserts that make a rectangle, whose height
is 42 mm and whose length is somewhere around 50 mm (too lazy to measure).
A 4x4 disk *can* be designed to to take advantage of that (look for a little
extra room at two points along the slots on the disk) but if they have this
feature, there is usually a hole somewhere that makes it possible to just
use the Burton A-Hole pattern anyway.

On my F2 board I have Burton race bindings with 4 holes (the cant has
a 3-4 adapter) but the angles are all wrong. I have to add/subtract
24/26 degrees from what the bindings read.
--
Bye,
Leon
Old December 5th 04, 10:13 PM
Chet Hayes

Mike T wrote:

The Burton "A-Hole pattern", or 3D as it is offically known, is an
equilateral triangle, 42 mm on each side.

You don't have to buy only Burton bindings. I have a Burton Custom
with Drake LTD bindings and it works fine. Only difference is you
have 3 screws holding it, with Burton bindings you would have 4. It
is a pain that Burton is different, but Drake at least works around
it.
Old December 5th 04, 10:17 PM
Mike T

You don't have to buy only Burton bindings. I have a Burton Custom
with Drake LTD bindings and it works fine. Only difference is you
have 3 screws holding it, with Burton bindings you would have 4. It
is a pain that Burton is different, but Drake at least works around
it.

Yes, several binding makers have "universal " discs that are both 4x4 and 3D
compatible. I've had Salomon and K2 bindings that were like this. Sounds
like the original poster's Gnu bindings do not have universal discs.

Mike T

Old December 6th 04, 06:14 AM
letx letx is offline
Junior Member

how much would universal discs be? would anyone know the price ranges ??
Old December 6th 04, 06:33 AM
Mekun

Works with my ride bindings fine, sounds like a few ppl just hate
burton.
Old December 6th 04, 08:25 AM
letx letx is offline
Junior Member

Ride bindings DO work w/ the burton A-hole patterns, but the GNU G2's aren't fitting right, I can only put 2 screws max. Anyone know how to make it fit right?? which holes to put the screws on? or know much it is to get universal discs for my bindings?