Rossland B.C. area info needed

Old November 23rd 03, 11:55 PM
Mark Eastman

Default Rossland B.C. area info needed

While continuing to research nordic skiing I came across the town of
Rossland and two cross country ski areas nearby..........Black Jack and
Paulsen...... Has anyone skied these areas?

Mark.

Old November 24th 03, 03:27 AM
Scott Elliot

I have been to several ski races at Black Jack Ski Club at Rossland. The
trails were well groomed and interesting to ski on. Black Jack is the home
club of George Grey, one of the top male skiers on the Canadian team. The
ski club is just across the road from the Red Mountain Alpine Area, where
Nancy Greene who won several Olympic alpine medals came from. I haven't
skied Paulsen, but I believe it is at higher elevation and has more reliable
snow early and late in the season.

Here is Black Jack's home page if you want to check out the club and
facilities.

http://www.skiblackjack.ca/

Scott Elliot
http://www3.telus.net/selliot/