Is everyone asleep?

Old September 26th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

Default Is everyone asleep?

Is it me or is this forum still in summer slumber?

All other forums are active except this - so I assume its not my connection!

regards
Paul

Old September 26th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

Apologies if its my newsreader...

I am experiencing difficulties only with this newsgroup (even taking it from
several different servers). All groups are live except this? Having just
deleted and reloaded the list from my default server, I now see some
messages in this group.

Strange goings on.

Welcome to the autumn.

Old September 27th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
john elgy

PSmith wrote:
Is it me or is this forum still in summer slumber?

All other forums are active except this - so I assume its not my connection!

regards
Paul

As in like the norwegian blue.

Several of the reqular posters do seem to have left the group over the
last year (with the exception of ace) but it should come to life again
soon once people stop thinking of bikes and windsurfing and the like and
get back to concentrating on skiing.

John
Old September 27th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

"john elgy" wrote in message
PSmith wrote:
Is it me or is this forum still in summer slumber?

All other forums are active except this - so I assume its not my
connection!

regards
Paul

As in like the norwegian blue.

Several of the reqular posters do seem to have left the group over the
last year (with the exception of ace) but it should come to life again
soon once people stop thinking of bikes and windsurfing and the like and
get back to concentrating on skiing.

John

Yep, we're still on the case and waiting for the first flakes...

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Old September 29th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 27 Sep, 00:01, "PSmith" paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:
Apologies if its my newsreader...

I am experiencing difficulties only with this newsgroup (even taking it from
several different servers). All groups are live except this? Having just
deleted and reloaded the list from my default server, I now see some
messages in this group.

Strange goings on.

Welcome to the autumn.

Haven't you heard - there's some sort of economic crisis going on so
nobody has any money to log on, or to go skiing.

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk
Old September 29th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

"Matt T" wrote in message
On 27 Sep, 00:01, "PSmith" paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:
Apologies if its my newsreader...

I am experiencing difficulties only with this newsgroup (even taking it
from
several different servers). All groups are live except this? Having just
deleted and reloaded the list from my default server, I now see some
messages in this group.

Strange goings on.

Welcome to the autumn.

Haven't you heard - there's some sort of economic crisis going on so
nobody has any money to log on, or to go skiing.

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk

It's all going downhill... :0)

Old September 29th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

"Roger Moss" wrote in message
news

"Matt T" wrote in message
On 27 Sep, 00:01, "PSmith" paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:
Apologies if its my newsreader...

I am experiencing difficulties only with this newsgroup (even taking it
from
several different servers). All groups are live except this? Having just
deleted and reloaded the list from my default server, I now see some
messages in this group.

Strange goings on.

Welcome to the autumn.

Haven't you heard - there's some sort of economic crisis going on so
nobody has any money to log on, or to go skiing.

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk

It's all going downhill... :0)

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Sounds like a slippery slope (with a bit of luck).

Paul

Old September 29th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith

Ace,

Have I been asleep or dreaming. I thought you were at Roche? Got a new job
that's keeping you too busy? Or just a new ISP?
Paul

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:01:49 +0100, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

Apologies if its my newsreader...

I am experiencing difficulties only with this newsgroup (even taking it
from
several different servers). All groups are live except this? Having just
deleted and reloaded the list from my default server, I now see some
messages in this group.

Really? Well, _some_, I suppose , if you count around 20, half of them
mine, as some :-)

I think your first idea is valid - most folk are still in summer mode,
despite the season starting as early as next week in some places...

--
Ace - bdotrogers a.t ifrancedotcom
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk

Old September 29th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

The r.s.* hierarchy is one of the best known seasonal hierarchies.

Old October 13th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

"Ace" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:58:57 +0100, "PSmith"
wrote:

Ace,

Have I been asleep or dreaming. I thought you were at Roche? Got a new job
that's keeping you too busy? Or just a new ISP?
Paul

Neither. Still there, but not using the work email address for
personal stuff any more, as they're cracking down on old emails being
kept, with complex archive and deletion policies, meaning all the old
stuff that I never delete will be, err, deleted.

I'm familiar with these initiatives "fair usage policies". My company have
now banned ".pst" archives (cause too much network loading). Awkward
archiving to for project stuff. Fortunately they let us back up old pst
files to CD.

Still I understand the Austrian glaciers have had a good earfly dump. How
sad: now back in UK the only current plan is Feb half term in Zermatt.
Having always driven, I am now trying to establish how easy Geneva-Zermatt
will be: wife+2 children, baggage, boots and skis. I am ready to man-handle
the bags: my concern is will there be space for it on the train! (I don't
want to waste my first ski day with getting luggage from the station etc as
a rsult of the luggage transfer schemes). Any ideas?
Paul