ummm windbriefs

Old February 14th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default ummm windbriefs

I just read on the Skinnyski website some guy saying he puts his
windbriefs on over his long underwear. Is that typical? I've always
done it the other way around for no particular reason.
--
JT
****************************
Old February 14th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

On Feb 14, 8:14 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
I just read on the Skinnyski website some guy saying he puts his
windbriefs on over his long underwear. Is that typical? I've always
done it the other way around for no particular reason.

If you read it again, it's windbriefs over underwear, then long
underwear. When it's cold, I wear underwear, a pair of underwear that
looks like cycling shorts (a friend uses cycling shorts), wind briefs,
an incredibly thin pair of tights, and the race suit. If it's windy
and cold, I'll wear two pair of regular tights.

I find two pair of tights really blocks the wind, but if I can get by
with a cycling short and a very thin pair of tights, that gives me
better flexibility (less restrictive).

I found John's aritcle really entertaining. The Pre-Birkie has quite a
history.

Jay

Old February 14th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim Flom

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
I just read on the Skinnyski website some guy saying he puts his
windbriefs on over his long underwear. Is that typical? I've always
done it the other way around for no particular reason.
--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Geez, John, I know it's slow in RBR, but to ask the over/under windbriefs
question? You really are desperate. Rumour has it there's snow in Central
Park. Go ski!

JF

Old February 15th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
WasGitchi

In the past I have found windbriefs to be painfully inadequate. Just
this year I came up this a new system

Underwear, swix hat (folded in half), underwear. long underwear.

This system was quite effective at the COLL this year (-13F and
windy). This last weekend at the vasa, it was probably overkill, but
there is literally no harm done in being overly cautious.

Old February 15th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I have Swix windbriefs, but I don't think they are effective at all.
What I've found that does work well is long underwear bottoms with a
FULL windproof front panel. Craft and Swix makes them, but I have a
homemade version

Old February 16th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

I've done it both but seems to make more sense to go OVER the long
underwear. That will stop the wind and the underwear underneath the
windblock will insulte those areas that need insulating.

Has anyone out there ever gotten frostbite? Close here, very painful, but

JKal.