prior vs illuminati vs ???

Old April 13th 04, 12:34 AM
Sam

Default prior vs illuminati vs ???

Hi, I'm a 5'10, 145 pound guy with size 10 feet.

I'm looking at getting either a Prior or illuminati and I was
wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them?

Or, can you suggest another brand?

I am mainly a freerider, but sometimes hit the park.

It has to hold an edge well in slush and ice, and float well in
powder.

I don't want a hardcore BX or racing board.

Thanks in advance
Old April 13th 04, 02:26 AM
Mike T

I'm looking at getting either a Prior or illuminati and I was
wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them?

I've never ridden either but my impression was that Illuminati was more
freestyle-oriented. Which Prior model are you considering? Several of
their models are on my "would like to demo" list including their all-around
freeride, the MFR.

Mike T

Old April 16th 04, 03:59 PM
Chad

"Mike T" wrote in message ...
I'm looking at getting either a Prior or illuminati and I was
wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them?

I've never ridden either but my impression was that Illuminati was more
freestyle-oriented. Which Prior model are you considering? Several of
their models are on my "would like to demo" list including their all-around
freeride, the MFR.

Mike T

Did they get the name from the book Davinci Code? I read that and the
Prior and Illuminati are written all over it. Also in the book before
that Angels and Demons. Supposedly based off the historical fact...
what sort of graphics are on them??
Old April 20th 04, 02:03 PM
Chad

(Arvin Chang) wrote in message om...
(Chad) wrote in message . com...
"Mike T" wrote in message ...
I'm looking at getting either a Prior or illuminati and I was
wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them?

I've never ridden either but my impression was that Illuminati was more
freestyle-oriented. Which Prior model are you considering? Several of
their models are on my "would like to demo" list including their all-around
freeride, the MFR.

Mike T

Did they get the name from the book Davinci Code? I read that and the
Prior and Illuminati are written all over it. Also in the book before
that Angels and Demons. Supposedly based off the historical fact...
what sort of graphics are on them??

No, they are definitely not named from the book Davinci Code. For one
thing, both companies existed before the book was written. Prior
snowboards was named after it's founder - Chris Prior
(
http://www.bomberonline.com/articles..._interview.cfm) . I
don't know about Illuminati snowboards aside from what I just saw from
their website. Unlike Prior Snowboard, they definitely are referring
to the same "Illuminati" as in the book, but again... since they
existed before the book, they cannot about gotten the names from the
book directly.

I heard the book was really good, I take it you liked it? What other
books do you like (for comparison)?

Good fast reading book. The facts are a little shady. I'm more of
history buff than novel. I like most recently "1421 The year China
Discovered America". Maybe the Illuminati is insinuating that they are
enlightening you with this board. That is an excellent strategic
marketing plan. I haven't even send the board. Arvin do you work at
the help desk in Mammoth?
Old April 26th 04, 06:15 PM
Arvin Chang

(Sam) wrote in message . com...
(Arvin Chang) wrote in message
Umm... no, I don't work at Mammoth. I'm in Northern California and
ride at Kirkwood by Lake Tahoe. The Illuminati theme is intriguing,
but it's really the board construction that counts. I've read that the
boards are made in the same factory as M3 (with slight modifications)
so they are probably a solid, all-though not amazing set of boards.

What would you reccomened then?

Eh... well I'm making judgments on boards I haven't ridden myself. So
I can be wrong. Actually I just saw the prices they have an am
intrigued... maybe you could be our "guinea pig" =]

I've only ridden the Prior All-mountain boards and so I don't really
know about their freeride boards. I bet they are probably very good
but can't recommend them as I haven't actually ridden them myself.
However, consider how much they sell those boards for... they better
be good.

I read some Illuminati reviews just now at
www.boardreviews.com and
www.outdoorreview.com and one person compared the Illuminati it to a
Neversummer Premier... which is a board I like, so maybe it might be a
great board.

I do have some person favorite boards such as Salomon or Donek, but I
don't think my opinions should really sway your opinion as I'm not
sure you will like what I like. At the prices at ill23.com, I think
trying out one of there boards would be an interesting adventure.
Old May 6th 04, 06:18 AM
R to the E

(Arvin Chang) wrote in message . com...
(Sam) wrote in message . com...
(Arvin Chang) wrote in message
Umm... no, I don't work at Mammoth. I'm in Northern California and
ride at Kirkwood by Lake Tahoe. The Illuminati theme is intriguing,
but it's really the board construction that counts. I've read that the
boards are made in the same factory as M3 (with slight modifications)
so they are probably a solid, all-though not amazing set of boards.

What would you reccomened then?

BTW, Prior Snowboards is selling their demo/used fleet of boards for
pretty good prices. Check it out at
www.priorsnowboards.com

I've never rode a Prior but I heard some great things.

I have rode the Ill's for 4 years now and the product keeps getting
better every year. You have to checkout the Hybricons, its something
different...a hybrid design(capped tip/tail board with sidewalls).

Take a chance, you wont be let down. Plus they are on sale right now.

My opinion might be a little biased since I work for the Ill, but our
customers, friends, and riders have nothing but good things to say.

Please read our reviews on the site. WWW.ill23.com