Fallback Options

Old November 24th 05, 02:51 PM

"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Still thinking about heading to the desert?

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/projects...dForecast.php?

Now, I'm wondering if I need a fallback for getting into LCC on
Wednesday.

If it pleases Ullr
http://squall.sfsu.edu/gif/jetstream_pac_h72_00.gif

As the saying goes....they can't predict yesterdays weather here.
We'll wait and see what happens.

Old November 24th 05, 02:55 PM

tm wrote:
"Richard Henry" wrote:

The ACLU supports NAMBLA? In what way?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nambla#Curley_v._NAMBLA

Please don't confuse the defense of liberty with an endorsement of
NAMBLA.

Old November 24th 05, 03:09 PM

klaus wrote:
pigo wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

With exceptions in Utah and Idaho, America sure looks blue
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/11/23/13222/916

I am not sure, but I think much of the dissatisfaction with President
Bush is that he is acting more liberal than we thought he would. So
the spin on the #'s might be different than mainstream media is
playing it.

Jeezus.. you're just figuring that out? Look at the deficit
rumplestilsken.

The deficit reflects Mister Bush's conservative politics. They're
called "Red States" because Republicans spend money like commies:

http://blogdayafternoon.com/articles/04/06/10/2024191/

Jeff

Old November 24th 05, 04:50 PM

bdubya wrote:

"Respond to what I meant, not what I said." As weasels go, that's a
classic.

Hey, if it's ok for a freshman, female, republican congressdroid. And
just for clarification, the commas here are the normal english commas
which mean "and" not "and/or".

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 04:51 PM

Jeff wrote:

klaus wrote:
pigo wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

With exceptions in Utah and Idaho, America sure looks blue
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/11/23/13222/916

I am not sure, but I think much of the dissatisfaction with President
Bush is that he is acting more liberal than we thought he would. So
the spin on the #'s might be different than mainstream media is
playing it.

Jeezus.. you're just figuring that out? Look at the deficit
rumplestilsken.

The deficit reflects Mister Bush's conservative politics. They're
called "Red States" because Republicans spend money like commies:

The "new republicans" do. They used to be the fiscal conservatives.

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 05:27 PM

pigo wrote:
I saw a story yesterday about al frankin. Seems he has 112 employees,
including ONE black person. As a raving liberal don't you think he
should have at least as many as there are represented in NY
population. The US % is 13 but I would think that NY is 2-3 times
that.

I saw a story a while back about Rush Limbaugh. Seems... you know the
story... As a raving conservative don't you think he should heed his
own advice for drug abuse and be thrown in jail?

Not to mention that the republicans aren't really into the quota game
I thought?

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 06:10 PM

Tom wrote:
Still thinking about heading to the desert?

Yes, tomorrow or day after.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/projects...dForecast.php?

Now, I'm wondering if I need a fallback for getting into LCC on
Wednesday.

Are you staying in LCC? If not, they'll get you somewhere reasonable.

If it pleases Ullr
http://squall.sfsu.edu/gif/jetstream_pac_h72_00.gif

It's looking pretty good for your arrival. They're calling for almost
two feet by Sunday night and then the big one comes in. The second
storm is coming from the Gulf of Alaska and it's supposed to be pretty
cold. This early in the year, the lake is pretty warm and the storm is
coming from the NW. I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 5
feet by late next week. We usually get a big sustained dumper around
Thanksgiving. They usually average a foot a day for 6-10 days. This is
setting up like it could be one of those.

So did you burn skis, drink beer, or sacrifice a virgin? Whatever it
was, it shure upped your odds.

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 06:21 PM

AstroPax wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:13:22 GMT, bdubya
wrote:

"Respond to what I meant, not what I said." As weasels go, that's a
classic.

Weasels, all of them:

I wonder what Senator Ted Kennedy (D - MA) *meant* when, in 2002 he
said: " Let me say it plainly: I not only concede, but I am convinced
that President Bush believes genuinely in the course he urges upon
us."

I wonder what Senator Jay Rockefeller (D - WV), the ranking Democrat
on the intelligence committee *meant* when, in October 2002 he said:
"But this isn't just a future threat. Saddam's existing biological and
chemical weapons capabilities pose a very real threat to America, now.
Saddam has used chemical weapons before, both against Iraq's enemies
and against his own people. He is working to develop delivery systems
like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring these
deadly weapons against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the Middle
East."

This is indeed the spin being put on it by the administration. The
truth is, they (senate and congress) saw selected intelligence and
were not given the warnings by the intelligence community that much of
the information was likely unreliable. Informatiom the president and
his cronies were shown. When given part of the information, it doesn't
surprise me that they said those things. Hell, based on what I was
shown, I was for it. That's the bull**** part of the whole thing and
what ****es me off. It is called "being misleading". And then when the
plan works, saying nohting of the information culling, only that there
was support.

If people had been fully informed of what the administration knew, we
would not be in Iraq.

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 06:24 PM

AstroPax wrote:
On 24 Nov 2005 07:55:57 -0800, "Jeff" wrote:

Please don't confuse the defense of liberty with an endorsement of
NAMBLA.

And you shouldn't confuse "the defense of liberty" with the ACLU
either !!!

The way I read it was they went in to defend the first amendment, a
basic civil right, and they prevailed. They were successful in
defending a basic civil liberty. Am I missing something? I would call
that defense of liberty. What is it in your "and/or" language?

-klaus

Old November 24th 05, 06:39 PM

"Bob Lee" wrote in message

Heh. Changing quotes bothers you? Remember when *you* changed
quotes
on my post?
http://tinyurl.com/cttdz

Have a nice turkey day.

No I don't. That post doesn't elaborate much. What was the context?