REQ Expert instruction needed to maximise my seeding.

Old March 28th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Default REQ Expert instruction needed to maximise my seeding.

Hello fellow XC true believers:
You all know I've been putting up a few race videos for download this past
season. And I just know that I'm not choosing optimized seeding parameters
when I create the torrent file. I Started off using Azeurus because I keep
seeing people mentioning it in various posts, but noticed it was taking a
long time for somebody to get 100% so I could disconnect and let them take
over. Also when I wanted to download other torrents (non-XC related) at the
same time, Azeurus is just slower than my old bit torrent client I used
last year. ABC (Yet Another Bit Client). Another thing that bugs me is
that I can never see which people get the full copy continue and seed. What
about the seed # that's enclosed by parantheses (#). Are they
contributing to the upload? The "swarm" doesn't tell me anything, because
as soon as somebody gets 100% they disappear. So for my last upload the
"Sapporo 4x10" mens relay I tried creating the torrent using ABC instead of
Azeurus. With ABC I kept seeing this message "unable to connect to tracker"
or can't get data from tracker even though I was uploading a few kb/s to
somebody. I guess some of you out there must've gotten 100% eventually.

So for my next upload "Sapporo 4x5" womens relay, I'm going to try Azeurus
again, but I need to know a few things first.

1. I've been using the BiteBBS tracker the Mininova suggests. Is this the
most reliable or should I be using one of the others e.g. PirateBay? Or
would it be even better to creat the torrent using multiple trackers? Can
you even do that?

2. Am I suppose to select "open up torrent for seeding when done " button
when filling out the torrent creation box?

3. What about this "super seeder mode" thing? Is this faster? Is this
something I should set myself up as since I'm the creator? How do I do it?

4. Does Windows XP allow me to launch and run Azeurus and ABC at the same
time? I want to use ABC to download, because it has the ability to choose
and rank which torrent subfiles get completed first when the torrent is made
from a folder. I haven't figure out how to do this using Azeurus 2.5.0.4a.

So if one of you out there can tell line by line how I should fill out the
torrent creation screen boxes I would appreciate it.

One more thing: In order to prevent the ordeal we've been having getting
Tall Thomas's Drammen Sprint video (15 peers trying to download
simultaneously) I want you to tell me via email your IP address number and
how fast your UPLOAD speed connection. I don't give a rats a** how fast you
can download e.g. cable internet accounts, it's all about the UPLOAD. So
if you got that speedy university or corporate connection and can stay on
without the goons/geeks in your shutting you down, then let me know.
Everybody else? I am going to ban every IP address I see connect that isn't
on my list for the first couple of days.

Thanks for your cooperation.