Madshus go soft?

Old September 28th 03, 01:04 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

Default Madshus go soft?

Went riding with a friend yesterday and we got on the subject of Madshus
skis. He had been sponsered by Madshus for several years and said given the
choice he would go with Fischer because he found the Madshus to go soft after
two years.

Is this known to be somewhat true or is this merely his personal opinion?

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca
pubkey: http://www.shampoo.ca/jknotzke.pub
Old September 28th 03, 03:18 PM
Douglas Diehl

I don't know about Madshus going soft, but my Madshus Hypersonic C3 racing
waxless classic skis weigh a ton. Should have went with Fischer's racing
waxless classic ski

Old September 28th 03, 04:25 PM
Tim Dudley

My experience with Madshus is that they tend to be soft to begin with.
Also, the bases are very sensitive to heat, so they're easy to burn. I
don't mind the first problem - I just bought stiffer skis. I do mind the
second problem, but have learned to work around it.

I probably put less than 300km a year on my skis, so at that rate it'd be
tough for me to wear them out. However, since your friend is sponsored by
Madshus, he undoubtedly puts more on them, and would have a better idea.

I'll stay with Madshus because I really like the way they feel and respond.
Also, I've had excellent dealings with them through my local ski shop (Greg
Christies's), and Norway Nordic in Montreal - both good places.

Tim

Old September 28th 03, 04:37 PM
Jim Farrell

Tim Dudley wrote:
My experience with Madshus is that they tend to be soft to begin with.
Also, the bases are very sensitive to heat, so they're easy to burn.

I have heard more experienced skiers talk about waxing different models
in their quivers differently. Some cores absorb heat better than
others. some bases seem to less in contact with the bulk heat sinking
properties of the others. Just have to wax differently.

Old September 28th 03, 08:43 PM
sknyski

maybe he gained weight?

bt

Helmets - any available with soft padding? Henry Snowboarding 8 February 26th 04 01:54 PM
Stiffest soft boots? Kenn Snowboarding 8 February 25th 04 06:58 PM
Beginner - Starting off with soft boots? Guy Lux Snowboarding 7 January 22nd 04 08:45 PM
Post-ACL recon: soft or stiff setup? elb Snowboarding 1 November 1st 03 06:12 PM
difference between hard and soft boots Brendon Snowboarding 11 September 17th 03 08:27 AM