Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 9-27-03

Old September 27th 03, 05:44 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 9-27-03

It was another big, classic Saturday for me in the famed Afton Hills
east of Saint Paul. The temp was in the 40s and there was a stiff wind
out of the northwest. It seems like winter should be around the corner
in the midwest but we'll enjoy fall first... Anyway, I started as
usual with the big 15th Street climb and then made my way down Valley
Creek. At Stagecoach, Dan Meyer, one of the FastWax guys, was just
getting ready to ski. He skated but joined me as we headed into Afton.
We scaled the famous Coulee and continued on to the 50th and Odell
climbs. Then, we looped back to the top of the Coulee for another run
at the 50th climb. From there we went up old 18 and through the Nybeck
rollercoaster and 30th Street Climb. Next, we turned on to Valley
Creek and headed for the vehicles. Dan took off but I went back up
Valley Creek to 71 and turned around to head home. The total time for
the workout was 3 hours. There weren't a lot of other rollerskiers in
the area but Fritz Speigel was out with a junior skier.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT