using the "anchor" skilift

Old February 1st 05, 06:54 PM
WiNDLoRD

Default using the "anchor" skilift

Hey all,
I've been checking the web to find any tips on how to use the "anchor"
skilift - where u have the anchor shaped thingie to pull u up - but all
I could find were tips on how to get off chairlifts. Now since many
resorts in my place don't have chairlifts, I'd like some tips on how to
use them anchors.
Just about any tip would be nice.
Thx
Ben
Old February 1st 05, 07:10 PM
Walt

WiNDLoRD wrote:

Hey all,
I've been checking the web to find any tips on how to use the "anchor"
skilift - where u have the anchor shaped thingie to pull u up - but all
I could find were tips on how to get off chairlifts. Now since many
resorts in my place don't have chairlifts, I'd like some tips on how to
use them anchors.
Just about any tip would be nice.

I think you're talking about a T-Bar lift. Punch it into Google, or
just go to

http://www.abc-of-snowboarding.com/pistelifts.asp

Most important tip: Don't try to sit on it.

--
//-Walt
//
Old February 1st 05, 07:21 PM
WiNDLoRD

Walt wrote:
WiNDLoRD wrote:

Hey all,
I've been checking the web to find any tips on how to use the "anchor"
skilift - where u have the anchor shaped thingie to pull u up - but
all I could find were tips on how to get off chairlifts. Now since
many resorts in my place don't have chairlifts, I'd like some tips on
how to use them anchors.
Just about any tip would be nice.

I think you're talking about a T-Bar lift. Punch it into Google, or
just go to

http://www.abc-of-snowboarding.com/pistelifts.asp

Most important tip: Don't try to sit on it.

Aaaah, thx. I didn't know what they're called in english. Over here we
call them "anchors" and that didn't give anything usefull on google.
Old February 2nd 05, 11:56 PM
Lucas

Just put it between your legs (yeah, I know how it sounds...:-))
So one half of the T-bar (anchor) is hooked to the inner side of your thigh
(front leg).
Front leg is in the binding, all the weight is on it.. Rear leg is free, su
you can even walk with the board if you loose the balance.

That's all, it's not very complicated!?

--
____________________________
-: odaberi svoju; www.hostese.net :-

Old February 4th 05, 04:21 PM
todd

Search in this group for the topic "T-Bars and Snowboards"

I asked this question a while back and got great responses.

Now I can ride T-Bars everywhere but in Italy! In Italy they made me
keep my back foot out of the binding which made it a lot harder for me.
From my experience, you're just snowboarding up hill and you can relax
a lot more with your feet in the bindings, and you can also ride away
easily if you happan to fall off. For some reason in Italy they think
its safer for you to be stuck on the side of a steep pitch without your
foot strapped in (and they're quite rude about enforcing it!).

Anyway, all good advice in the post noted. Good luck,

-todd

Old February 4th 05, 04:34 PM
Neil Gendzwill

todd wrote:

Now I can ride T-Bars everywhere but in Italy! In Italy they made me
keep my back foot out of the binding which made it a lot harder for me.

They don't make you do that everywhere? I thought most resorts got
quite miffed if you tried to ride strapped in. For one thing, how do
you get from the liftline to the start block if you're strapped in?
Having your back foot out is handy, especially when riding with someone
else - you can kick it out to correct your balance if you catch an edge
or something.

Anyways, the key to drag lifts (T-bars or pomas) is to relax as much as
possible, same as riding a flat base anytime else. If you tense up,
that's when you'll catch an edge or start veering off-line. If you find
that you are wandering off the track, just relax - you'll wander back in
a bit.

Neil

Old February 4th 05, 06:37 PM

quite miffed if you tried to ride strapped in. For one thing, how do

you get from the liftline to the start block if you're strapped in?

Step-in's

Old February 4th 05, 06:41 PM
todd

They don't make you do that everywhere?

I live in the states and have never seen it at any U.S. resorts
recently. I think years ago before people really got a handle on what
snowboarding was about more resorts may have made you do this. On a
Europe trip last year, all over France it was fine to ride strapped in,
not so in Italy.

In France (Serre Chevalier) they actually did one better. They had
certain lanes at each of their many drag lifts devoted to snowboarders.
Said something in French about a "snowboard friendly" lane. Anyway,
the snowboard lane had firm fixed ropes you could drag yourself along
by. So, you could maneuver around and easily shoot out when the t-bar
light turned GREEN.

In the states, again, have never had any problems either strapping in
right before the t-bar comes or while waiting for it. I think these
days its mostly "hey, whatever works for you." By the time you get up
to the gate there always seem to be bars you can hold onto and push
yourself out. Of course, drag lifts are less and less common in the
states so its almost a moot point.

Anyway, it sure is a lot easier once you're on the drag lift to have
normal board control!

Old February 4th 05, 06:43 PM
todd

Step-in's

I hear ya! Last year I had switched from step-ins to my current straps
setup and would have really appreciated them in Italy. Sure, keep your
foot out while you get on and then step in once you're on the way....