Intermediate's Board

Old January 28th 05, 11:24 PM
Andrej

Default Intermediate's Board

I've been boarding for 4 years and now I'm on an intermediate-advanced
level.
I think it's time for a new board, because when I bought my last board I
didn't look at any specs and I didn't know what I wanted so my board now
doesn't have enough grip on ice, is too soft, too short and not wide enough
(I'm 167 lbs 6'2'' and size 12) (75 kg 185cm 46).
Now I know that I like to ride faster, do fast sharp turns on steeps and of
course fresh powder.
I don't go to snow parks, I don't do tricks or jumps.
I will use stiff soft boots and Flow bindings.
What board can you recommend me that is wide enough for my big feet and duck
stance and that is not for a novice but that will help me to go to the next
level.
Thanks for any help (there are so many boards around)

Old February 1st 05, 03:08 PM
cipher

I'm the same weight and height with size 11 and ride with stiff boots and
Flow bindings on a Burton Custom 162. Very nice board. I believe the
Burton Canyon is a wide version of the Custom if you need to go a bit wider.

Old February 1st 05, 04:15 PM
Waco Paco

cipher wrote:

I'm the same weight and height with size 11 and ride with stiff boots and
Flow bindings on a Burton Custom 162. Very nice board. I believe the
Burton Canyon is a wide version of the Custom if you need to go a bit wider.

The Canyon used to be the Custom Wide. But I think they made the custom
wide into the Baron now. The canyon is now a cheaper board.

"Andrej" wrote in message

[...]

difficult to choose a new board.... so help needed! Jim Snowboarding 1 January 20th 05 10:47 PM
advice on board? Mario Snowboarding 10 January 11th 05 01:00 AM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Beyond beginner board? Dean Snowboarding 3 April 10th 04 09:14 AM
bX "high end" board Chiono Snowboarding 3 January 12th 04 03:34 PM