Easter weekend ski holiday in Flaine

Old January 3rd 05, 09:32 AM
Ace

Default Easter weekend ski holiday in Flaine

Just in case anyone from here is interested in joining us, my wife and
I will be running a Ski Club holiday to Flaine for Easter weekend,
24th-28th March, flying out on the Thursday and returning Monday
evening. Details available at
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/hol...HolidayID=1173

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

Old January 3rd 05, 09:52 AM
Ace

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:45:45 -0000, "porl"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .
Just in case anyone from here is interested in joining us, my wife and
I will be running a Ski Club holiday to Flaine for Easter weekend,
24th-28th March, flying out on the Thursday and returning Monday
evening. Details available at
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/hol...HolidayID=1173

Do we get it cheap?

If you ride down you can save the plane fare...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
GSX-R1000K3
Old January 3rd 05, 10:30 AM
The Older Gentleman

Ace wrote:

Just in case anyone from here is interested in joining us, my wife and
I will be running a Ski Club holiday to Flaine for Easter weekend,
24th-28th March, flying out on the Thursday and returning Monday
evening. Details available at
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/hol...HolidayID=1173

Very interested in this. A question or two.

The hotel: "Dinner is a simple, three course, selfservice, buffet style
menu"

The general blurb: "you have the opportunity to experience some of the
local restaurants each evening."

?

Flight details and times - the web****e says no info finalised. Have you
any details now?

--
Trophy 1200 (Doctored) 750SS CB400F CD200 ST70 DT50MX
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3
Old January 3rd 05, 10:30 AM
The Older Gentleman

Ace wrote:

If you ride down you can save the plane fare...

Platy? Can I borrow the Tractor?

Old January 3rd 05, 11:11 AM
Ace

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:30:22 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Ace wrote:

Just in case anyone from here is interested in joining us, my wife and
I will be running a Ski Club holiday to Flaine for Easter weekend,
24th-28th March, flying out on the Thursday and returning Monday
evening. Details available at
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/hol...HolidayID=1173

Very interested in this. A question or two.

The hotel: "Dinner is a simple, three course, selfservice, buffet style
menu"

The general blurb: "you have the opportunity to experience some of the
local restaurants each evening."

Yeah, it is a bit confusing, innit? The hotel write-up is for all the
holidays we run there, whereas the specific blurb is about this one
holiday, where we'll be eating out each night (yes, at extra cost,
which I'll ask the Fresh Tracks[1] dept. to clarify on this page).
We'll be suggesting (and booking) restaurant choices each night, but
folks'll be free to go their own way if they prefer.

Flight details and times - the web****e says no info finalised. Have you
any details now?

Err, well, I think I _do_ have the flight details, yes, but not with
me right now. Where does it say they're not finalised? The only thing
I can see is on the main page I linked to which says it's BA flights
from Heathrow to Geneva.

A quick look at the BA website, plus knowledge of approximate arrival
and departure times, would suggest that it's the following flights,
but please don't quote me - check with FreshTracks for details.

Outbound BA0736 Heathrow (London),United Kingdom Geneva,Switzerland
Economy (Traveller) Thu 24 March 2005 ,16:50 Thu 24 March 2005 , 19:35
Inbound BA0737 Geneva,Switzerland Heathrow (London),United Kingdom
Economy (Traveller) Mon 28 March 2005 ,20:55 Mon 28 March 2005 , 21:45

Bloody hell, they want £314 just for the flights alone booked direct.
Makes our £425 for the trip seem pretty good value.

[1] New[2] branding, as it were, of all Ski Club holidays.
[2] Well, it's been used for years for our off-piste stuff, and was a
seperate company in its own right before that.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 3rd 05, 12:10 PM
Steve

We have a group of 6 that will already be there (24th-29th) if you fancy
meeting up. Three of us know Flaine/Grand Massif very well (+10 weeks
each skiing there over the years).

Steve
---
(steve a.t pinsdotcodotuk)

"Ace" wrote in message :
Just in case anyone from here is interested in joining us, my wife and
I will be running a Ski Club holiday to Flaine for Easter weekend,
24th-28th March, flying out on the Thursday and returning Monday
evening. Details available at
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/hol...HolidayID=1173

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the
Ski Club.

Old January 3rd 05, 12:17 PM
Ace

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:10:03 +0000, "Steve"
wrote:

We have a group of 6 that will already be there (24th-29th) if you fancy
meeting up.

I'll be kinda busy, I suspect, but do come say hello.

Three of us know Flaine/Grand Massif very well (+10 weeks
each skiing there over the years).

In which case, we've quite probably already met. I've spent about 12+
weeks there in the past five years.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 3rd 05, 12:42 PM
The Older Gentleman

Ace wrote:

The general blurb: "you have the opportunity to experience some of the
local restaurants each evening."

Yeah, it is a bit confusing, innit? The hotel write-up is for all the
holidays we run there, whereas the specific blurb is about this one
holiday, where we'll be eating out each night (yes, at extra cost,
which I'll ask the Fresh Tracks[1] dept. to clarify on this page).
We'll be suggesting (and booking) restaurant choices each night, but
folks'll be free to go their own way if they prefer.

Flight details and times - the web****e says no info finalised. Have you
any details now?

Err, well, I think I _do_ have the flight details, yes, but not with
me right now. Where does it say they're not finalised?

On the "holiday information" link. "Flight details and times are not all
finalised at the time of printing and are subject to confirmation"

The only thing
I can see is on the main page I linked to which says it's BA flights
from Heathrow to Geneva.

The above link mentions BA, Alitalia, Swiss International and others -
all decent scheduled carriers - well, maybe with the exception of Always
Late In Taking Off Always Late In Arriving......

A quick look at the BA website, plus knowledge of approximate arrival
and departure times, would suggest that it's the following flights,
but please don't quote me - check with FreshTracks for details.

Outbound BA0736 Heathrow (London),United Kingdom Geneva,Switzerland
Economy (Traveller) Thu 24 March 2005 ,16:50 Thu 24 March 2005 , 19:35
Inbound BA0737 Geneva,Switzerland Heathrow (London),United Kingdom
Economy (Traveller) Mon 28 March 2005 ,20:55 Mon 28 March 2005 , 21:45

Bloody hell, they want £314 just for the flights alone booked direct.
Makes our £425 for the trip seem pretty good value.

Expedia (at the time of posting) has them for ukp139.70 (out Thursday
evening, back Monday morning, with BA) plus a host of other carriers
(Lufthansa, Swiss International, more BA) for various times on the
Thursday and Monday at around ukp150, which makes the Freshtracks
flights look appalling value, actually.

Trouble about Expedia's flight price is it costs the trip out, now that
I've determined it's b&b not half board, at ukp100+ a night.

Hmmmmm.... still tempted, mind.

Old January 3rd 05, 01:22 PM
Ace

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:42:01 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Flight details and times - the web****e says no info finalised. Have you
any details now?

Err, well, I think I _do_ have the flight details, yes, but not with
me right now. Where does it say they're not finalised?

On the "holiday information" link. "Flight details and times are not all
finalised at the time of printing and are subject to confirmation"

Ahh, that's general info, like, for all holidays, just so's they can
change their mind later if the airline goes bust or summat, I guess.

The only thing
I can see is on the main page I linked to which says it's BA flights
from Heathrow to Geneva.

The above link mentions BA, Alitalia, Swiss International and others -
all decent scheduled carriers - well, maybe with the exception of Always
Late In Taking Off Always Late In Arriving......

Yeah, but if you'd care to open your eyes and look in the red banner
on the rhs of the page I linked to, you'd see

"Flight:
British Airways
Heathrow / Geneva
Transfer time:
Coach approx 1.5 hrs
Ski grading: [Red-Silver]

Lift pass:
4 days - Adult €125
Club leaders:
Bruce Rogers
Judith Rogers"

Bloody hell, they want £314 just for the flights alone booked direct.
Makes our £425 for the trip seem pretty good value.

Expedia (at the time of posting) has them for ukp139.70 (out Thursday
evening, back Monday morning, with BA)

Ours is a Moday _evening_ flight, giving an extra day's skiing.

plus a host of other carriers
(Lufthansa, Swiss International, more BA) for various times on the
Thursday and Monday at around ukp150, which makes the Freshtracks
flights look appalling value, actually.

Not really - the quoted price also includes coach transfers and
accomodation (B&B only on this trip) as well as having to finance the
Ski Club leaders (which isn't costing much this time, as we'll be
driving there). This latter is an integral part of the holiday, and
the ski leading we offer is one of the main reasons why members choose
to come.

Trouble about Expedia's flight price is it costs the trip out, now that
I've determined it's b&b not half board, at ukp100+ a night.

Not sure I understand, but I can tell you that you will not find _any_
hotel accomodation for a Thursday-Monday stay in Flaine at any point
in the ski season. It just doesn't exist.

Hmmmmm.... still tempted, mind.

I haven't managed to put you off yet? Damn, must try harder.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Ski Club of Great Britain -