Serre Chevalier and nearby resorts

Old February 15th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Serre Chevalier and nearby resorts

Hi, I am going to Serre Chevalier for a week just before Easter. I
understand from the Serre Chevalier website the lift pass gives access
to the resorts listed below:

Grande Galaxie: one day pass free at:

* 2 Alpes,
* Alpe d’Huez,
* The Milky Way (Montgen�vre, Sestri�res, etc.)
* Puy St Vincent

I would appreciate comments about how practical it is to travel to and
ski in these other resorts. Is there a good bus service,or is it
better to drive?
Does the existing lift pass work in these resorts or do I need to go
to the lift pass office to get a pass for any particular resort.
In particular I would like to go to the Milky Way, is it best to enter
at Montgenevre and then ski to other resorts? Does the Milky Way link
together well.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Brian
Old February 15th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_3_]

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:54:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi, I am going to Serre Chevalier for a week just before Easter. I

I would appreciate comments about how practical it is to travel to and
ski in these other resorts. Is there a good bus service,or is it
better to drive?

I want to I know about buses too.

Does the existing lift pass work in these resorts or do I need to go
to the lift pass office to get a pass for any particular resort.
In particular I would like to go to the Milky Way, is it best to enter
at Montgenevre and then ski to other resorts? Does the Milky Way link
together well.

Your lift pass may be compatible but you will need to go to the lift
pass office at the visited resort to enable the local lift gates to
recognise you. You may need the reciept from your lift pass.

Montgenevre is well linked to Claviere but to go down to Cessana means
descending on a 2 chair lift. Then up a Gondola to San Sicario near
the bottom of the bob sleigh. Here you will need to take a lift up
where you can start skiing again. So that is three lifts to ski again.
San Sicario is linked to Sauze d'Oulx by ski and Sestriere by
descending in a bubble. Sauze d'Oulx to Sestriere also requires a
bubble descent. Sestriere has a modern lift system. The other resorts
have a few old lifts.
Old February 16th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Excess

On Feb 15, 12:54Â*pm, wrote:
Hi, I am going to Serre Chevalier for a week just before Easter. Â*I
understand from the Serre Chevalier website the lift pass gives access
to the resorts listed below:

Grande Galaxie: one day pass free at:

Â* Â* * 2 Alpes,
Â* Â* * Alpe d’Huez,
Â* Â* * The Milky Way (Montgen�vre, Sestri�res, etc.)
Â* Â* * Puy St Vincent

I would appreciate comments about how practical it is to travel to and
ski in these other resorts. Â*Is there a good bus service,or is it
better to drive?
Does the existing lift pass work in these resorts or do I need to go
to the lift pass office to get a pass for any particular resort.
In particular I would like to go to the Milky Way, is it best to enter
at Montgenevre and then ski to other resorts? Â*Does the Milky Way link
together well.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Brian

There is so much to do in Serre-Chevalier that it's not worth
bothering to be honest.

If you must.
Montgenevre is the easiest one to get to by public transport via
Briancon. There are buses from Serre Che to Bourg d'Oisans and then to
Alpe d'Huez or Les Deux Alpes from there but it's not worth the
hassle.
The only thing worth doing is La Grave if you are advanced.
Best to have a car in any case.

http://peakretreats.blogspot.com/200...iing-trip.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk
Old February 16th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rod

wrote:
[...]

Hi Brian,

When we stayed at 2 Alpes some years ago now we took the opportunity to
visit Serre and D'Huez (which in itself tells you something about the
skiing in 2 Alpes in a poorish snow year). Its an easy drive from Serre
over the Col du Lauteret and worth a visit to D'Huez. I seem to
remenber that it was possible to get a helicopter transfer from Huez to
2 Alpes and back (they are on opposite sides of the valley). If it's
glacier skiing in 2 Alpes that you are after bear in mind that it takes
about an hour and three lifts to get from the village to the glacier.
Can't comment on the busses as I have no knowledge, but I would guess
that it would take well over an hour if there were any.

HTH

Rod