Skiing in eastern Italy late November??

Old July 23rd 04, 07:14 AM
PC

Default Skiing in eastern Italy late November??

Hi all,

We'll be in Verona on 28 November and wondered if it would be
worthwhile to try and get in some skiing - probably only a couple of
days - at that time.

A couple of provisos:

1. If possible I'd like to stay over the eastern side of the country.

2. Coming from the hot, flat side of Australia, we only get to ski
once every 5 years or so, we really need a place with VERY gentle
slopes, real nursery runs.

Any ideas?? Any preferences?? Any places to avoid at all costs??

Thanks in anticipation.

Please reply to the group.

Cheers,

PC
Old July 23rd 04, 12:12 PM
Ville S

PC wrote:

Hi all,

We'll be in Verona on 28 November and wondered if it would be
worthwhile to try and get in some skiing - probably only a couple of
days - at that time.

A couple of provisos:

1. If possible I'd like to stay over the eastern side of the country.

2. Coming from the hot, flat side of Australia, we only get to ski
once every 5 years or so, we really need a place with VERY gentle
slopes, real nursery runs.

Hey.

A good place to start might be Asiago, being very close to Verona,
cheaper than bigger places and quite easy and small.
There are also ski schools in the area, here's a site i found:
http://www.scuolescialtopianoasiago.it/
Skiing a few hours with a instructor might just be the
best thing you can do if the slopes feel too steep

If you search for bigger mountains, and prices, there is, of course,
the dolomiti area: http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/

Ville,
Helsinki Finland
Old July 23rd 04, 02:50 PM
Enotrio Pallanzo

A good place to start might be Asiago, being very close to Verona,
cheaper than bigger places and quite easy and small.

Not by that date.

If you really want to ski you have to get to a glacier. The closest to
Verona is in Austria, about a couple of hours northward, the Stubai-Glacier.

The slopes are mild and the snow is there. And, important enough, the season
is on.

Italian alternatives are represented by Stelvio-Glacier and Val Senales.
Cervinia is good and wide, but too far from Verona, in the north-west.

Have fun.

Enotrio

Old July 25th 04, 02:27 PM
Paul Richardson

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:50:27 +0200, "Enotrio Pallanzo"
wrote:

Italian alternatives are represented by Stelvio-Glacier and Val Senales.
Cervinia is good and wide, but too far from Verona, in the north-west.

Have fun.

Enotrio

Is the Presena Glacier at Passo Tonale not a possibility? I guess it
may not open in November though.
The runs are good and wide, couple of blues and a red.

Paul
Leigh
Lancs