Eastern Europe skiing resorts?

Old November 21st 05, 08:13 AM

Default Eastern Europe skiing resorts?

Hi!
Which skiing resorts in Eastern Europe do you recommend for the end of
December? Of course, the probability of having snow is important. And some
nice pistes to choose from are desirable, too. Finally, the shorter the
distance from central Germany, the more convenient the journey will be.

I'd appreciate to read your own experiences or links to overviews of skiing
resorts.

Jens
Old November 22nd 05, 08:08 AM

Hi!
Which skiing resorts in Eastern Europe do you recommend for the end of
December?

I am from Eastern Europe (Poland) and can tell you everybody who can afford
ski in Austria/Italy.
EE is cheaper but at a cost of 60-70% of Austria you will get ten times
less.
End of December is the worst time. You will wait 30 min to a chairlift to
ski 2 min downhill.

Forget it, don't waste your money go to Italy.

rgds,

Pawel

Old November 22nd 05, 12:25 PM

Hello,

Why don't you come to Austria???

Not to far from Germany. At the moment we have about 50cm of snow and it is
still snowing!!! The lifts are opening this weekend. I know the weather may
change, but at the moment it is looking good for the coming season.
You can check out my website for pictures of the recent snow and if you
want anywhere to stay let me know.

Nigel

--
Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old November 23rd 05, 11:32 AM

Dear Nigel,
actually the prices of the appartements listed on your website are not much
higher than accommodations in Poland, which surprises me in a positive way.
However, skilifts are approximately double expensive in Austria. Of course
you get much more slopes for paying more, but we want to keep it cheap.

Jens

Old November 23rd 05, 02:26 PM

Hi Jens

However, skilifts are approximately double expensive in Austria. Of course
you get much more slopes for paying more, but we want to keep it cheap.

Example Kuehtai
1-day ticket 27,50 EUR
You may do the longest run around 15 times a day
lift starts at 08:00 and ends at 16:30
5 min waiting (very long queue - usually no waiting),
10 min getting up,
15 minutes getting down ()

So one ride costs ~1,80 EUR or one minute skiing downhill costs 12 cent

No lets take the example from Pawel and a third of the price of the
ticket (and I assume, that the ticket is more expensive):
1-Day-Ticket 9 EUR
15 times skiing of 2 minutes
- 30 minute skiing a day for 9 EUR
So one minute costs 30 cent!!! Nearly three times more?

So what the heck is cheap over there?

Florian
Old November 24th 05, 09:48 AM

Florian Anwander wrote:

Example Kuehtai
1-day ticket 27,50 EUR

ticket (and I assume, that the ticket is more expensive):
1-Day-Ticket 9 EUR

So what the heck is cheap over there?

Well, as we both said: the total cost is less. Cost/minute is probably
higher. But don't you think, beginners might need more than 2min for the
slope and will be happy about some time to recover before the next run?

Jens

Old November 29th 05, 02:32 PM

Are you mad? Why not go to Garmish. The Zugspitz glacier is just
there, plus some OK skiing in Leermoos. Thats gotta be way closer, and
what you will save on travel will help cover the higher cost. Not to
mention that what you get for your money will be so much better than
eastern europe.

I had a couple of weeks in Borovets some years ago. What a joke.
Seriously, dont go there.

Old December 25th 05, 12:49 AM

In article ,
Jens Baumann wrote:

Cost/minute is probably
higher. But don't you think, beginners might need more than 2min for the
slope and will be happy about some time to recover before the next run?

I do not think so. Beginners ought to ski on well groomed wide and not
very busy runs for the beginners. You were warned.

If you really insist go to Czech Republic.

Regards
TA
Old December 25th 05, 12:52 AM

In article .com,
"fat_boy" wrote:

I had a couple of weeks in Borovets some years ago. What a joke.
Seriously, dont go there.

What was wrong with Borovets? Seriously? Never been there...

Regards
TA

Spring skiing: Best alpine resorts? p.k. European Ski Resorts 13 July 8th 05 02:03 PM
Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Unlimited Nordic Skiing DVD amazon_distribution Nordic Skiing 1 December 8th 03 04:47 PM