NRK Sports schedule: Read it and weep. :-)

Old January 10th 10, 08:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default NRK Sports schedule: Read it and weep. :-)

Here's today's NRK1 schedule, with zero ad breaks:

9:30 Nordic Combined jumping
10:25 WC Slalom 1 round
10:55 Biathlon women mass start
11:50 Sport today (probably interviews and synopsis of earlier events)
12:20 TdS women final
13:10 Biathlon men mass start
14:00 WC Ski jumping in 200m hill
15:15 TsS men final
16:20 EC speed skating 10k

During the same time NRK2 will show the rest of the WC slalom event, the
speed skating, the NC "final hill" skate race and the final part of the
giant hill ski jumping.

You really need a dual-channel recorder to get most of this and still be
able to enjoy the beautiful skiing conditions in Nordmarka. :-)

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old January 10th 10, 11:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

That is a great lineup, but owing to the wonders of the web and the
openness of NRK, Americans can watch it - and this one is.

Christopher
Old January 10th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

tassava wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:12 am, Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
During the same time NRK2 will show the rest of the WC slalom event, the
speed skating, the NC "final hill" skate race and the final part of the
giant hill ski jumping.

You really need a dual-channel recorder to get most of this and still be
able to enjoy the beautiful skiing conditions in Nordmarka. :-)

That is a great lineup, but owing to the wonders of the web and the
openness of NRK, Americans can watch it - and this one is.

Great to hear that, for a couple of years NRK had 2 or 3 continuous
streams going, one for each channel, but then they had to stop doing
that, supposedly due to distribution rights limitations. :-(

Today I could have done the same with many US TV shows, I "just" need a
US IP address first. :-(

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old January 10th 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

Today I could have done the same with many US TV shows, I "just" need
a US IP address first. :-(

As I recall, among that list of international TV streaming sites I
posted the other day are some US TV shows.

Gene
Old January 12th 10, 07:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Heikki Kantola

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" informed
rec.skiing.nordic with the following:
Here's today's NRK1 schedule, with zero ad breaks:

9:30 Nordic Combined jumping
10:25 WC Slalom 1 round
10:55 Biathlon women mass start
11:50 Sport today (probably interviews and synopsis of earlier events)
12:20 TdS women final
13:10 Biathlon men mass start
14:00 WC Ski jumping in 200m hill
15:15 TsS men final
16:20 EC speed skating 10k

During the same time NRK2 will show the rest of the WC slalom event, the
speed skating, the NC "final hill" skate race and the final part of the
giant hill ski jumping.

You really need a dual-channel recorder to get most of this and still be
able to enjoy the beautiful skiing conditions in Nordmarka. :-)

Well, I think Finnish YLE TV2's "Sport Sunday" lineup was not that bad
either (as it was pretty similar as above):
10:28 Intro
10:30 NC Jumping
11:20 Fitness exercise: Corecircuit (prerecorded instructional program
to improve viewers' fitness to endure all the competive sports watching
)
11:50 Biathlon women
12:45 Ski marathon cup: Jizerská Padesatka
13:20 TdS women
14:30 Biathlon men
15:10 NC skiing
16:15 TdS men

The commercial MTV3 did then cover those ski jumping (starting 14:45) and
slalom (16:55-17:55) competitions. Speed skating apparently did not
have enough interest for Finns as it was not shown, although the
biathlon events did not feature any Finns either, but I suppose the
schedule was mostly fixed before that was known.

I must admit that I did skip all Sunday's TV sports (and didn't even
setup recorder as I think watching old sports is not that interesting)
and spent the time outdoors (and a while doing the grocery shopping).
And I did even leave my skis home as I intended to do more nature
photography than exercise, although while walking on ice with a thick
layer of snow and hardly any pre-existing tracks I bit regretted that...

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola,
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan