FIS Marathon Cup - La Sgambeda

Old December 13th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

Default FIS Marathon Cup - La Sgambeda

Tommorow La Sgambeda race will start new edition of FIS Marathon Cup,
most important part of Worldloppet. Startlist is very interesting:
Aukland brothers, Thomas Alsgaard, Anders Soedergren, Andrus Veerpalu,
Ville Nousiainen, Johan Olsson and all Worldloppet stars like Jerry
Ahrlin, Oscar Svaerd.
Women startlist: Julia Tchepalova, Hilde Pedersen, Kristin Steira,
Sabina Valbusa and others.

I see (and I'm happy with this) that since last season startlist in
every FIS Marathon Cup is still stronger and stronger, with many World
Cup stars, not only with skiers who compete only in this kind of races
or former stars like Daehlie (if you don't know: yes, Bjoern started
two times last winter in Worldloppet ) , Jevne etc although I was a
big fan of them.
Unfortunately it will be really hard to watch some Worldloppet races,
maybe Vasaloppet torrent will be easy to get, but other races ...
Old December 13th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I learned a little geography checking how close La Sgambeda is to
Davos, since some of those names skied today (Olsson won the 15K). I'm
also curious about the during and after effects on them of a 42k skate,
since La Sgambeda starts at over 1800m (~6000'), most of a 1000' higher
than Davos. The course profile looks mostly like long moderate gradual
climbs, done twice around. http://www.lasgambeda.it/eng/percorso.php#

Gene

Old December 15th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

On Dec 15, 11:10*am, "Jeff and Stephanie Kalember"
wrote:
Here are the 2008 results:
http://www.lasgambeda.it/eng/classif...ifiche2008.php

Interesting mix of "World Cup" skiers and Worldloppet regulars in both
top-fives...

Christopher

Old December 16th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Yep, I copied the wrong URL. Change the 7 to 8 and you got them.