An RSA.Mod History Question

Old May 3rd 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default An RSA.Mod History Question

In article . com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I last took a course that involved General Relativity in 1968. I
didn't particularly like it.

Why do you ask? Did your GPS receiver stop working?

I asked because I toured the W.W. Hansen Experimental Physics Lab at
Stanford a couple of months ago with the Program Manager of the Gravity
Probe B project. He found my general knowledge of physics adequate.

It's interesting you brought up the GPS. He had a lot to do with that as
well. I'm no authoratative expert on General Relativity, but I have a
pretty good idea why they need to solve their electromagnetic interference
problem to win the Nobel Prize in Physics.

You play your cards close to the vest. I have an Ace showing. I think I'll
double down. I have great references for being just another ****wad with
an email address.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old May 3rd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On May 3, 11:09 am, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article . com,

snip
Bull****, Your knowledge base was assessed on a mere tour? You picked
this up with a Community College course taught by a materials
engineer. You know nothing except how to be an obnoxious name-
dropper. Let's get down to brass tacks---Degree? Year? Institution?
Instead of shooting your ****ing mouth off-prove it. Tired of the
names, parking lot boi, prove it housesitter.

Old May 3rd 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 3, 8:09 am, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article . com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I last took a course that involved General Relativity in 1968. I
didn't particularly like it.

Why do you ask? Did your GPS receiver stop working?

I asked because I toured the W.W. Hansen Experimental Physics Lab at
Stanford a couple of months ago with the Program Manager of the Gravity
Probe B project. He found my general knowledge of physics adequate.

My goodness.

It's interesting you brought up the GPS. He had a lot to do with that as
well. I'm no authoratative expert on General Relativity, but I have a
pretty good idea why they need to solve their electromagnetic interference
problem to win the Nobel Prize in Physics.

I don't get the connection between General Relativity and
electromagnetid interference.

You play your cards close to the vest. I have an Ace showing. I think I'll
double down. I have great references for being just another ****wad with
an email address.

Are we in a game? Is it a physics knowledge contest, or a trip report
contest?

Just this week I had lunch at Fidel's, the most famous Mexican
restaurant/barber shop in Solana Beach. Which card do I get for
that?

Over the weekend, I was in Lancaster, just north of the Northrop
Grumman hangar at the Palmdale airport whose doors open only at
night. Isn't that worth at least a 10 of Clubs?

Old May 3rd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

Just this week I had lunch at Fidel's, the most famous Mexican
restaurant/barber shop in Solana Beach. Which card do I get for
that?

8-hearts.

Old May 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

I asked because I toured the W.W. Hansen Experimental Physics Lab at
Stanford a couple of months ago with the Program Manager of the Gravity
Probe B project. He found my general knowledge of physics adequate.

My Goodness, too. Just a couple of months ago I toured the Dole
Pineapple plantation. The tour group leader found my knowledge of
advanced pineapple agronomics adequate too. I have a picture of me
sticking my head through a giant plywood cutout of a Hawaiian looking
anthropomorphic pineapple wearing a grass skirt, if that would convince
you. a straight, 4 ace, flush right there, baby!

(don't try to correct my knowledge of poker either, I once lost 40
bottlecaps to Adam Friedman

And did I ever tell you about the time when I was 7 when the pilot of
the 747 let me fly the plane? He was going to let me land it too, but
my dad said we needed to get back to our seats.

It's interesting you brought up the GPS. He had a lot to do with that as
well.

Wow, glory by association. The worst kind.

I'm no authoritative expert on General Relativity,

Thanks for clearing that up.

but I have a
pretty good idea why they need to solve their electromagnetic interference
problem to win the Nobel Prize in Physics.

Really. Then it's good you happened by. Was it like in "Good Will
Hunting" and you ran in and solved the equation the chalkboard and left
without saying anything?

You play your cards close to the vest. I have an Ace showing.

Taking a tour is "an ace?" You get embarrassed over your silly
statements regarding aerodynamics, Sun Micro, and your "endorsement" of
a well known internet kook. Now you're trying to bring up advanced
physics because you think you can BS about that.

Look, I think I'd like hanging out with you. I've known guys like you
and I'll bet, in person, you can weave a tale and keep people captivated
and entertained. I really think that. But your talents are ill suited
for this format. You try to impress educated and accomplished people
with your association with educated and accomplished people.

One thing I like about the internet is that regardless of how much I
know (or think I know) about a particular subject, I can almost all
learn something.

I believe you are an expert skier and probably have unparalleled
knowledge about Wyoming. That should be enough. If you continue to
post about subjects that you only have a passing knowledge, people will
continue to make fun of you. That may be what you call "truly gifted
troublemaking." If that's your goal, well, it's a free internet.

I have great references for being just another ****wad with
an email address.

If you ever need another reference, I can certainly vouch for that too

(man! these replies practically write themselves)

Dave (jafwaea)

-- According to Jeff Davis, Jeff Davis is "no authoratative expert on
General Relativity"
Old May 3rd 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Clarencedarrow wrote:

names, parking lot boi, prove it housesitter.

Does your mom know you're playing with yourself on the Internet?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old May 3rd 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Lost Balls Baker wrote:

I guess you didn't discuss aerodynamics, then.

Spoken like just another ****wad with an email address.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old May 3rd 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 3, 2:49 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article .com,

Clarencedarrow wrote:
names, parking lot boi, prove it housesitter.

Does your mom know you're playing with yourself on the Internet?

I award this reply a two of clubs with a cigarette burn on the back so
everybody knows what you're holding.

Old May 3rd 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article . com,
Richard Henry wrote:

I don't get the connection between General Relativity and
electromagnetid interference.

I figured you might have googled Stanford's Gravity Probe B Project by now
and gotten up to speed. The super-conducting gyroscopes in the space craft
created an unforseen electromagnetic aberrancy that needs to be canceled out.

"Two important discoveries were made while analyzing the gyroscope data from
the spacecraft: one, the "polhode" motion of the gyroscopes dampens over time;
two, the spin axes of the gyroscopes were affected by small classical torques.
Both of these discoveries are symptoms of a single underlying cause:
electrostatic patches on the surface of the rotor and housing. Patch effects
in metal surfaces are well known in physics and were carefully studied by the
GP-B team during the design of the experiment to limit their effects. Though
previously understood to be microscopic surface phenomena that would average
to zero, the GP-B rotors show patches of sufficient size to measurably affect
the gyroscopes' spins."

It's a joint NASA, MSFC, (remember the rocket scientist ex-girlfriend?),
Stanford University, and Lock-Mart project. Measuring Einstein, basically.

http://einstein.stanford.edu,

Edwards? I have a buddy who worked for Rockwell back in the day, (ex-AF).
I'd say instead of a 10 of clubs that's more like a 2 of cups. I never
bother to spell check this ****. Did I spell aberrancy right?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."