Definition of truth

Old November 6th 08, 03:29 PM posted to sci.math,rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Definition of truth

On Nov 6, 12:24*am, Han de Bruijn wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
I recently came across this supposed definition of truth on a
different newsgroup (rec.skiing.alpine)and I am seeking professional
opinions of it:

""No, you are confused "principle of truth" with "argumentative."
Truth states a state of truth based on matter of facts/premises; that
is, it is done by the formula "IF A THEN B," where A is the premise
and B is the outcome/prediction. That is to say, if A is true, it is
sufficient to show that B is true. However, given "NOT B then NOT A,"
A becomes a necessary condition for B to become true within
established relationship. So, you can only disprove a truth/true
statement by showing the incongruity of the premises, that is, lack of
integrity and/or incomplete; the rest of arguments are only
"argumentative.

In an economic sense, but maybe it's more essential:
True is what has been produced and will be consumed.

Han de Bruijn

I intended to cross-post this thread with rec.skiing.alpine, which I
am now correcting.
Old November 6th 08, 03:47 PM posted to sci.math,rec.skiing.alpine
Armin

Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

am now correcting.- Hide quoted text -

Truth (1968) was the first full-length album by Jeff Beck and his
backing group. The album featured three original songwriting
collaborations between Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart, "Let Me Love You",
"Blues Deluxe", and "Rock My Plimsoul".

I'm listening to the truth right now! ....and it doesn't sound
anything like Itchy! ;-)
Old November 7th 08, 02:07 PM posted to sci.math,rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

What, you have no taker? Interesting. Why don't you lead off by
telling us what do "you" think? Are you a pro?

IS