FALUN FIS race

Old February 23rd 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 Degrees B

Default FALUN FIS race

"watching" the men's race live splits online right now ...
EXCITING !! I also just downloaded the last race at Liberec - GREAT
VIDEO QUALITY !! thanks Oskar !! I have a new computer now with more
memory and more RAM so i'm back to downloading videos via pirate bay
torrents. AWESOME.

Looking forward to a Falun torrent if someone captures it !!!

JKal
Old February 23rd 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

This one actually streamed well this morning at
mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m, except it was on delay, about
9k.

The area was bare ground around man-made or cargoed-in snow in warm
temps. Interesting that on the Mördarbacken (infamous climb) Bauer's
classic HR went as high as 98%, while on the skate hills it was up to
94%, except perhaps at the end when he took charge. Kris Freeman was
able to hang most of the way. When Eilifson pushed it at 23k (skate),
he dropped back a bit, but regathered to 10 seconds at 26k; then
Sordegren pushed out of the stadium and he fell back again to over 30
secs. That's the kick Freeman has been training for, but so far it
hasnt' been found.

rm

Old February 23rd 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 Degrees B

Yes Romat, I saw Freeman falling back (watching the splits wishing i
had known about the live feed) a bit then latching back onto the
group. Sure was a big group hanging together for the sprint..

32 Degrees B wrote:

"watching" the men's race live splits online right now ...
EXCITING !! *I also just downloaded the last race at Liberec - GREAT
VIDEO QUALITY !! thanks Oskar !! *I have a new computer now with more
memory and more RAM so i'm back to downloading videos via pirate bay
torrents. *AWESOME.

Looking forward to a Falun torrent if someone captures it !!!

JKal- Hide quoted text -

Old February 24th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

It was a very large group until for a long time, but that regathering
at 27K was more like a lull between charges. The only sprint ended up
being Gjerdalen coming up hard on Bauer, with everyone else well back.

rm

Old February 24th 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Gjerdalen would've caught Bauer if the finish was flat instead of that small
hill up to the finish line. Torde has been doing really well in the
sprints this season but his closing acceleration was killed at the very end
and nobody can crank up the power like Lukas right now.

No video from Oskar cuz he told me he's there watching the races live in
Falun. What a lucky guy. I don't know whether Terje back from his
tropical paradise yet either.

Old February 24th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

In light of the 'hotbed of skiing' thread, Sunday's men's relay and
Nordic Combined are again being broadcast by NRK1 on tape delay, the
first by 1:30 (it's going on now) and the latter by several hrs. I
don't watch them all, but hadn't noticed it before for x-c.

Old February 24th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

shreddir wrote:
Gjerdalen would've caught Bauer if the finish was flat instead of that small
hill up to the finish line. Torde has been doing really well in the
sprints this season but his closing acceleration was killed at the very end
and nobody can crank up the power like Lukas right now.

No video from Oskar cuz he told me he's there watching the races live in
Falun. What a lucky guy. I don't know whether Terje back from his
tropical paradise yet either.

I came back last evening, got to see the 4x10 k today.

Out of three World Cup relays this year, Norway II have won twice: With
Petter Northug still in the leaders group into the stadium, it was
really all over. :-)

NRK had to send it a little bit compressed due to the "Ski Flying" team
world champs from Germany having higher priority, and going well over
the stipulated time, but it was still a nice program.

Terje
--
-
Old February 24th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 Degrees B

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian Television
clips of the finish?
I'm trying to get the link on NRK to work now, but it seems not to
load up...
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/sport#

anyone ? I'm dying to see Northug sprint !!

JKal.