rsa history?

Old June 23rd 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default rsa history?

In article ,
Lost Balls BSker wrote:
In article ,
"Two Buddha" wrote:

Jeff Davis. You just got caught lying again. Discuss your stalking and
deranged lies.

Jeff Davis isn't "from those days", is he?

I met Shari Steele in the EFF office in 1994. You'll have to google the
stuff from 99. How's that **** you're eating taste?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old June 23rd 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article om,
Richard Henry wrote:

I think that Scott's problem here might be that when he got his 1999
restraining order, it included a ban on posting to RSA. Therefore,
since he was legally judged to be a stalker and his prohibition
included posting on rsa, therefore all posting on rsa is stalking.

Scott doesn't have a problem. His speach is protected by the 1st Article of
Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. Your
speculation is a huge stretch of logic, and libelous. Albeit, you're not
worth suing
..
Get it? I don't think he will.

You don't. You're great at taking off on tangents irrelevant to the
discussion at hand.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old June 23rd 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 22, 9:18 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jun 21, 9:51 pm, "Two Buddha" wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 20, 12:37 am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Jun 19, 3:30 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

On Jun 19, 2:57 am, Evojeesus wrote:
What happened in 1999? Are the threads that started the vendetta's
still on Google Groups?
I believe so.
And other media as well. Start he
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/11/32550

Wow.

You can also read the google archives for April thorugh June of 1999.
Many threads are mangled because posts were later deleted, but if a
responder quoted the deleted post, it still exists in the response.

Of particular interest are the posts by Bert Hoff, who also used the
name xlmeister (and later clever names such as "bert hoff," or "bert
hoff,," and other clever ways to avoid people's filters). Scott
brought in his friend Bert to help settle things down. That resulted
in some of the most amusing threads in rsa history. Bert doesn't post
here much any more. I guess in that sense he shows his mental
superiority over most of us.

Damn, I finally agree with Henry. And Bert surely had me laughing my ass
off as he exposed the freaks for the pathetic liars they are.

Yeah, he showed us how high-quality liars do it. I especially liked
his "press release".

Bring him back. We need more good threads like that to tide us over
the summer.- Hide quoted text -

Ah, here it is: from Dec 19 2000. Full of Bert's unique view of the
world:

PRESS RELEASE

MenWeb/Men's Voices
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dec. 15, 2000
Contact:

Bert H. Hoff

Can your phone company cut off service if they don't like what you
say?

How is AT&T cable modem monopoly franchise different from AT&T or
local
phone service

AT&T@home and Excite.com Act to Close Popular,Controversial Web Site

ATT@home and Excite.com acted today to attempt to put the MenWeb Web
site
and message board out of service. MenWeb's Web site is hosted by
vix.com
and its bulleting board by AnnexCafe, but MenWeb depends on the
ATT@home
cable modem monopoly to provide e-mail service and cable modem
connection
for administration and maintenance of its Web site and bulletin
board.
Excite.com provides e-mail services for AT&T@home.

Excite.com and AT&T@home are acting on the instigation of Tom
Geldner,
principal in the start-up Blarp.com, which began a rival message
board
service earlier this month. AT&T@home and Excite notified Bert H.
Hoff,
owner of MenWeb and the Men's BBS message board, that they have
terminated
Mr. Hoff's access to Usenet newsgroups and that they would terminate
Mr.
Hoff's cable modem and e-mail services if they receive further
complaints
from Mr. Geldner o his associates about newsgroup postings.

MenWeb, in operation since 1993, offers information, help and support
for
men. It expects to have its millionth visitor by the end of the year.
MenWeb's site for battered men is the only major national resource
available for male victims of domestic violence and one of the major
sites
for male survivors of childhood sexual abuse. It's men's stories,
poetry
and "men's movement" content is also highly regarded. MenWeb also
operates
a commercially-successful e-commerce site.

"Excite's search engine shows MenWeb as the first listing under
'battered
men,' fifth under 'men's issues' and fifth under 'male survivors.' And
now
they want to disable MenWeb by terminating the back-office services
that
MenWeb needs."

"Are AT&T@home and Excite e-mail common carriers, or do they
manipulate
and control what you and I see on the Net?" Mr. Hoff asked. "Our
message
about male victims of domestic violence and male survivors of
childhood
sexual abuse are not always popular messages, but they are messages
that
many men and women need to see. A cable modem monopoly and major e-
mail
service acting to disable sites with unpopular messages has a
chilling
effect on the free exchange of ideas and information on the Internet
and denies men the services they need."

"It is frightening and astounding to me," said Mr. Hoff, "that
AT&T@home
and Excite would act to cripple one of its customers. Our e-mail and
cable-modem service are vital to our operation, and the actions of ATT
and
Excite will close our MenWeb Direct e-commerce store at the height of
the
holiday buying season. How can AT&T and Excite expect to build
customer
loyalty if there's always the threat they will pull the rug out from
under
a Web site's operations at the instigation of a new rival company?"

"AT&T@home and Exite's actions could cost us thousands of dollars in
e-commerce before we can find alternative services. Re-programming
our
site's hundreds of pages will require a lot of time and resources.
Their
actions will certainly damage MenWeb's and my professional reputations
and
jeopardize our prospects of having our millionth visitor by the end
of the year."

Mr. Geldner has made Mr. Hoff a topic of discussion on Blarp.com's
private
message board, falsely accused Mr. Hoff of "flooding the Usenet
newsgroup
rec.skiing.alpine, and suggested in that newsgroup that Mr. Hoff has
forged e-mails and posts to make them appear to be from Blarp.com.
Mr.
Geldner and associates also complained to @AT&T@home/Excite when Mr.
Hoff
responded to these questionable practices.

Tom Geldner of Blarp.com, who had been criticized for "spamming" RSA
with
promotions for his rival message board, threatened legal action if
AT&T@home/Excite failed to terminate Mr. Hoff's cable modem service.
Attempts to get an Internet service provider to terminate another's
access
to the Internet are known in Internet slang as "Netcopping."

Mr. Hoff declared, "I'm shocked that AT&T@home/Excite acted so hastily
support Mr. Geldner's attempt to netcop us out of business. We are
all
vulnerable to rivals' attempts to netcop us as soon as cable modem
monopolies and e-mail service providers step outside the 'common
carrier'
role and take sides in business disputes. What if AT&T or your phone
company cut off your service because you said unflattering things
about a
business rival? What if the USPS terminated your mail service? In
this
case, AT&T@home/Excite's precipitous reaction could put us out of
business."

- ### -

Old June 23rd 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 22, 10:55 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article om,
Richard Henry wrote:

I think that Scott's problem here might be that when he got his 1999
restraining order, it included a ban on posting to RSA. Therefore,
since he was legally judged to be a stalker and his prohibition
included posting on rsa, therefore all posting on rsa is stalking.

Scott doesn't have a problem. His speach is protected by the 1st Article of
Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

I made that poitn back in 2000 in RSA. You can google it up.

Your
speculation is a huge stretch of logic, and libelous. Albeit, you're not
worth suing

Libelous in what way? The court order restraining Mr. Abraham from
posting on RSA is public knowledge, especially around here.

Get it? I don't think he will.

You don't. You're great at taking off on tangents irrelevant to the
discussion at hand.

Got physics? Get the Pascal joke yet?

Here's another physics puzzle for you: How can you tell if your
refrigerator is working if you are not allowed to open the door?

Old June 23rd 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Lost Balls BSker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Baker doesn't care. He's oblivious to any semblence of objective
self-evaluation.

So you're claiming you were one of the posters "from those days", are
you?

You should read all the articles in the threads before you publish self-
depreciating ignorance like this. Shari Steele isn't one of my favorite
people. We've shared common goals toward protecting free speech online
since 1994. I was a named platiff in ACLU v. Reno, a watershed defense
of the 1st Amendment in Cyberspace.

I should read every article in RSA?

LOL

What does Shari Steele have to do with any of this (talk about non
sequitur).

You, on the otherhand, are a mediocre nobody with an email address. It's
Friday night. I had a wonderful dinner with a beautiful blonde 12 years
younger than me. You need to get off the computer.

I was off the computer. I was working and then I went and worked on my
swing at the range and then I was on the phone to my GF.

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
Old June 23rd 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Alan Baker" wrote in message news:alangbaker-

self-evaluation.

So you're claiming you were one of the posters "from those days", are
you?

You should read all the articles in the threads before you publish self-
depreciating ignorance like this. Shari Steele isn't one of my favorite
people. We've shared common goals toward protecting free speech online
since 1994. I was a named platiff in ACLU v. Reno, a watershed defense
of the 1st Amendment in Cyberspace.

I should read every article in RSA?

LOL

What does Shari Steele have to do with any of this (talk about non
sequitur).

You, on the otherhand, are a mediocre nobody with an email address. It's
Friday night. I had a wonderful dinner with a beautiful blonde 12 years
younger than me.

Cool. Does she prefer the Gerber or store brand?