Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

Old December 4th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 21:54:01 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:18:18 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Negatives: the mountaintop restaurants were not open, and a beer at
the outdoor barbecue stand cost $6.50.

Yikes. I hope you had a cooler.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

Emergency flask
Old December 4th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 5:07*am, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 19:11:35 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Shut your ****ing pie hole! This is Christmas. Do us a favor and
blow your brains all over your wall. Did you know that 60% of
suicides happen during the holidays? Do it now.

Do the world a favor. *Show up in person and try to make good on your
death threats, you pathetic coward.

What would you do? *Hit me with your purse?

Ain't me hiding in anonymity, you pathetic coward. You'd go down and
go down hard. And we both know it, which is why you make sick, vile
threats while hiding in anonymity like the pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy
you are.

*You pussy, you couldn't
swat a mosquito. *

Sure could swat you. And everybody knows it.

That's why you don't have the guts to end it all.

The thought of meeting you in person keeps me alive, Horvie.
Thanks.
The way this is going, should live forever.

Even the people at the soup kitchen hate you and avoid you.

One thing for su YOU hate me and avoid me, ppppppuuuuusssssyyyyyy.
Old December 4th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 8:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 3, 8:22*am, pigo wrote:

On Dec 3, 5:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Alright! Good report.

Pretty early season for So. Calif. isn't it?

You're going to put some miles on you vehicle this year I think. I've
moved the Jan. golf trip from LV to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I played that
course last year so I decided to change it up this year.

How far from SS to Coronado. Memory seems that it's a long way. I've
been exchanging some emails lately with Coronado HS ulumni commitee on
another matter. Pretty funny. But that's another story.

I don't get to see much of Coronado High School except the stadium
where the games are held. *It is probably the nicest stadium for
spectators in the county. *As for the school buildings, from the
outside, it is as pretty as La Jolla Country Day or Bishop's School.
It doesn't really have any open grounds, but it is right across the
street from a city park and library. *Of course, the city has a lot of
restrictions, some by zoning and building coddes, and some just due to
the high price of homes there, that keep out the lower classes except
for military brats that come out of base housing and those who live
with their mothers in servant's quarters.

Amazing. Talk about passive agressive stalking from a couple of true
cowards. How desperate can you pppppuuuuusssssssiiiiiiieeeeesssss
get?
Stadium? At Coronado HS? Kewl. Had no idea. Nor do I care. Nor
will I ever see it.
Old December 4th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:14:24 -0500, Dick G wrote
this crap:

Negatives: the mountaintop restaurants were not open, and a beer at
the outdoor barbecue stand cost $6.50.

Yikes. I hope you had a cooler.

Emergency flask

Good man. Good man. Always carry an emergency flask.

Old December 4th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

[...]

You finally told the truth. I hate everything about you. I hate your
lying, your bull****, your boasting, your narcissism and your
bullying. There's a special place in hell for people like you, and I
hope you get there soon.

Old December 4th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

wrote this crap:

[...]

You finally told the truth. *

Always tell the truth about you, ppppppppuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssyyyyyyy.
No need to lie.

I hate everything about you. *I hate your
lying, your bull****, your boasting, your narcissism and your
bullying. *There's a special place in hell for people like you, and I
hope you get there soon.

You're looking in the mirror, right, ppppppuuuuuuusssssssssyyyyyyyyy?
Holy ****. Irony meter dispatches its minions to Horvie's house and
****s him up the ass like Bubba does.
There has never been a more obvious example of insane narcissism in
the entire history of this newsgroup.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old December 5th 10, 10:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 4, 10:32*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/03/10 04:18, Richard Henry wrote:

I left about 5AM, arrived at SS parking lot at 7:15, and parked in
just about the perfect spot - front row right by the ticket office.
The roads were clear despite patchy snow and ice along the side from
about 5000 feet elevtion on up.

The surface was just about perfect machine-groomed, turning softer in
the sun, then crunchy as the afternoon shodows moved over the trails.

SS had all the lifts and trails I care about open except Wall,
Olympic, and Chair 6, but I can accept that on my first day. *I skied
all over the mountain and rode every lift except the beginner area.
It was all good.

No clouds, no wind, no liftlines.

Pretty much hat he said except for anything that happened after noon,
and I went on Wednesday. *I don't like the run over on the west side --
boarders, terrain fetures, and fairly slow.

I only rode up twice when I wasn't
alone on my chair. *I think I broke 20,000 vertical

I did at least 11 runs. *I only know that because I THINK I set a new
lap on my GPS each time. *I'd guess it's about 1K feet vert/run. *I
really need to get more exercise and do some lifting. *Exhaustion that
early is ridiculous.

I wasn't exhausted, but I was feeling thigh cramp twinges after the
first 2 hours non-stop. When I quit, I was getting little calf cramp
twinges as well. At least it was not as bad as the first half-dome
attempt last September, when my fingers cramped on the steering wheel
while driving out.

According to the SS trail map, Chair 1 rises 1150 feet, and Chair 2
1175. The others are all less. I kept notes on my cellphone, and my
tally says I did 21 runs, but some of those were on Chairs 3, 7, 9,
and 10 (just to be thorough) so the total was a little over 20k.
Old December 5th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 5, 3:11*am, Richard Henry wrote:

According to the SS trail map, Chair 1 rises 1150 feet, and Chair 2
1175. *The others are all less. *I kept notes on my cellphone, and my
tally says I did 21 runs, but some of those were on Chairs 3, 7, 9,
and 10 (just to be thorough) so the total was a little over 20k.

Maybe someone wants to make me an offer for my Avocet?
Old December 5th 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 4, 11:32*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? *I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. *I tried
duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but the tape
doesn't stick well.

At that point I figure it's time for new (gasp!) goggles. Long before
that foam disappears it deteriorates and let's in wind. Especially if
you're reaching 50 mph!
Old December 5th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/4/10 10:32 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. I tried
duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but the tape
doesn't stick well.

I got some from Tognar http://www.tognar.com/index.html years ago. I
don't see it any more at a quick glance but you can dig deeper or telephone.

I used spray glue with stencil-like paper maskings to control the spray.
It worked well and lasted another season allowing me to wait til
end-of-season sales to replace the goggles.

Another foam thing you could try - I haven't tried it, just now
remembered it:
My shop vac has a foam sleeve option that slips over the canister filter
to remove fine dust particles - looked to me like the same foam stuff,
in a large, cheep sheet. My vac is Sears, but I expect the filter design
is common.

Just another day in Paradise (Snow Summit) The Real Bev[_7_] Alpine Skiing 2 March 12th 10 11:44 PM
EOY Trip Report helibrdr Alpine Skiing 0 April 25th 08 02:18 PM
SUGGESTIONS NEEDED FOR SUMMIT CO SKI TRIP IN FEB skiwithlove Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 08 06:28 PM
Big Bear/Snow Summit conditions Adam North American Ski Resorts 0 January 9th 07 10:46 PM