Carving photos

Old January 7th 04, 11:08 AM
WeatherCam

Default Carving photos

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
news:slrnbvnr8b.57o.idontreadthis@yahoobb220004112 021.bbtec.net...
Check
http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...=&threadid=792
to see some nice time-lapse photography of some carved turns. You'll
probably have to scroll down to near the bottom of the page to see
the photos.

The first series is of a soft-booter. You can see him clearly
carving the downhill edge, and you can also see the way he
counter-rotates so that his shoulders are almost facing over the nose
of the board. His hands are on either side of his board (rather than
front and back), and he is dropping his outside (left) shoulder down
to the snow.

The second series is of a hard-booter. It's not quite as clear as
the soft-booter, although you can see the good angulation he uses in
the toe-side turn (shoulders level with the snow), and how he stays
low to quicken the edge change.

Anyway, some damn nice photography.
--
A: Top-posters.
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet?

As is so often the case in all sports - it's all in the knee's, sure the top
part of his torso is helping, but the drive is in the hips and the position
of the knees --- good sequence of pics - very akin to gybing debates in
windsurfing, where people harp on about foot & shoulder position, but fail
to activate "bending ze knees!!!

Plus Baka - if you have not seen it in the other thread....

Was thinking of you when I took this shot - somehow in the midst of all that
weather, when I saw this sight I just thought, how uncool, and then did a
mental translation and thought of you .......
http://www.weatherheads.com/dogs.jpg

REgards
WC

Old January 8th 04, 05:41 PM
Christoph

i dont see anything special at those pictures... they are all very
school-like, thatīs how you learn to ride "officially" when you are at a
snowboard school or whatever....

http://www.keyssonline.com/images/Extension.jpg

this picture well... that is school-style. but it was the only real backside
i found with the given links. frontside should be "nothing special".

Old January 8th 04, 07:59 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Christoph wrote:
i dont see anything special at those pictures... they are all very
school-like, thatīs how you learn to ride "officially" when you are at a
snowboard school or whatever....

http://www.keyssonline.com/images/Extension.jpg

this picture well... that is school-style. but it was the only real backside
i found with the given links. frontside should be "nothing special".

You say "school-style" very dismissively. I doubt I see 1 rider in 50
able to make a proper "school-style" turn. Mostly they skid badly to
the next hit.

That first part of the picture is a frontside turn by classic skate/surf
definition, so that terminology is confusing. Saying "heelside" makes
it a little clearer for everybody.

Neil

Old January 8th 04, 08:36 PM
Christoph

You say "school-style" very dismissively. I doubt I see 1 rider in 50
able to make a proper "school-style" turn. Mostly they skid badly to
the next hit.

That first part of the picture is a frontside turn by classic skate/surf
definition, so that terminology is confusing. Saying "heelside" makes
it a little clearer for everybody.

Neil

iīm sorry i donīt know the exact terms but at the same time i donīt want to
know them

well in my area, or better say most of my friends can do a proper carved
front- and backside, but in general, i agree with you, there are not many...
i just wanted to say that for me this pictures are anything special.

chris